Track systems

Share info on fishing Champlain.
striper192001
Species: salmon

Track systems

Post by striper192001 »

I need some additional rod holders on my boat. What are you guys running for track systems. I have looked at videos about Bert's Custom Tackle, Traxtec, Big Jon etc........ What do you like, don't like about what you have seen. I have a Crestliner Sportfish 195 and want to be able to clear rails for recreational boat use.
Hope you guys don't mind all the questions. I want to thank Jack from Deitrus......(sp) for spending hours with me giving advice about mounting the Garmin products.
Thanks as always !
John
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Re: Track systems

Post by Crayfish »

I have Cisco rod holders (without tracks) that attach to the gunnel. All stainless construction, no plastic. The rod holder can be removed and just a small mounting plate is left behind. I didn't really have room for tracks, so this seemed like the best option for me. They have a great track system, as well, if you need the tracks.

https://www.fishusa.com/Cisco-Single-Tu ... NYQAvD_BwE
BlackDucks&BrownDogs
Species: All!

Post by BlackDucks&BrownDogs »

I have Cisco tracks and tubes on my duck boat. Expensive, but very high quality.

They also offer several types of base plate options that allow quick removal.

The Admiral has agreed that I can mount rod holders on HER boat this year (21' Eastern Pilot). I'm considering either the Slim Multi-Thumbscrew Mounts or the Quick Release Mounts.
striper192001

Post by striper192001 »

Love the look of the Cisco systems !
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Bert’s and traxtec are similar products. They are both a standard size and almost every rod holder manufacturer makes a plate to fit Bert’s and traxtec. If you go with one of these brands you will never need another trac for riggers, rod holders, grills, nets, beer cans, fillet tables, sonar in rear, and MANY other applications you may need over the years of enjoyment you will have:)

These are not cheap brands but IMHO worth every penny. Just don’t forget to install them with backing plates and thru gunnel bolts for longevity..

Hope this helps.

Matt
Matt B
striper192001

Post by striper192001 »

Thanks Matt Great advice ! Do they come with backing plates or is that a custom piece ?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

The ones I have bought had no plates. I have made some over the years on different boats with some 3/4” quality plywood, just make predrilled holes. That worked fine as long as you have big washers and room under gunnel for the thick plywood.

Good luck!
Matt B
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

I'm pretty sure all of the track systems are a standard size, so you can mix and match parts.

3/4" Plywood or 1/8"+ thick aluminum sheet will work fine for a backer. I have aluminum, but I also make sure to have large washers on everything to spread the load out as much as possible.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

I have TraxTec and use it for a pair of rod holders, works as it should.