Converse 12/18

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Converse 12/18

Post by Dilly Worm »

Great morning of frostbiting before the snowstorm - launched along with the Country Angler crew, James & Pike Slayer, and started catching fish almost immediately. A few fish were acting funny...

fish #1 for me was a salmon that hit while I was trolling at only 1.5 mph - still setting lines out and using the electric trolling motor for propulsion so I could steer with the foot pedal while working in the back of the boat. Line #1 was barely set w/ 5 colors of lead and a CI Fat Buzzy, I hadn't even got lure #2 in the water and there was Fish On. A fat 16" salmon was in the boat after about a minute of trolling.

After that I could only catch lakers, with one of them jumping so high out of the water I thought it had to be another salmon until I got it in the net. The thing was almost impossible to net, it kept zigzagging away again and again.

The other 2 boats in our fleet caught a lot of salmon, even a nice brown for Pike Slayer, and just a few lakers.

The lake was deceptively calm at the launch, but outside the bay there was a stiff NW wind and rolling waves that got a few of us a little seasick. Best to look at the horizon, NOT at that fishfinder when the boats rolling like that :mrgreen:

We headed off the water as the mountains disappeared in the brewing snowstorm - love seeing the snow clouds roll in like that !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Converse 12/18

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks for the report Meddie.
Glad you got some fish in the boat before the snow.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a nice day out there..
Matt B
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Great report.
Looking forward to the next.