Port Henry - 12/17

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 12/17

Post by ChessieMan »

Scott and I took advantage of the unusually warm weather and tried once again to catch a fish - it used to be catch a salmon, now it's juts catch a fish, but that's a whole other story - anyway we launched at 08:30 with a stiff westerly breeze - immediately went to Mullen in front of Beaver Brook where we got lakers last week - took about 30 minutes but finally put an 18"er in the box for smoking - fooled around in deeper 80-120 FoW - pretty barren - worked back into shallower water - 40-80 FoW and started marking, mostly lookers - you could see them come up and then drop back - managed to hook up 5 more - got one more in the box and lost 4 at the boat (too lazy to use the net) - worked all the way down to the bridge and then called it quits around 1:30

Speed 2.4-2.6, bites were 10-15 feet down - dipsy and DR - not hot lure got a hit on all four

I would like to think I'll get another one in - I was gonna say before ice fishing starts, but that isn't coming any too fast - Oh Well

Merry Christmas to all - and a healthy New Year
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Port Henry - 12/17

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the report Ed. I’m hoping to get back out as soon as I can clear the Christmas prep duties:)

Merry Christmas… the Jan bite should pick up…
Matt B
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Re: Port Henry - 12/17

Post by Dilly Worm »

Thanks for the update on conditions down that way... If you get a chance to fit in another fishing trip, seems like the bite is better farther north. Good Luck !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !