Dyp questions

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Dyp questions

Post by TruViking »

Hello,
Just a few question:
#1) I see the times are, 7-3:00. I assume that's weigh in start and end times, but wanted to be sure. W we're are planning on first light fishing. I'd hate to embarrass myself in my first DYP Derby by starting to early! :D
#2) I have a Partner Doug) who will be joining me tomorrow am. My 11 yo son will also be joining, but I planned on o ly 4 rods regardless. I guess #2 isn't a question!😂 More of a "heads-up" or whatever.
#3) We can practice Catch and Release? I haven't spoken to my DYP partner about specifics yet, so I thought I would ask.
#4) Lastly, is there anything that is critically needed for Food or other Cookout itemz?

Thanks for the Fun opportunity!

Best
Ej (Truviking)
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Re: Dyp questions

Post by Greenhorn »

Thanks for the questions Ej. Here are some answers!

1. You can start as early as you would like. My team will be launching at first light or slightly before.
2. Nice to have your son aboard. As you have already noticed, we are talking about a kids derby next year. Stay tuned.
3. The winning fish will need to be brought to the Converse Bay launch for an official weight. For those that want to release their fish, you can call or text me at (603) 477-7864 and I will share the size of the leading fish (if others share that info with me), but I won't share the leading team's name.
4. I know Reelax is bringing hot dogs, I will be bringing pasta salad and some cookies. Other than that, it is pot luck. Anything you would like to share would be great.

Weight in time is 2:00 at Converse bay. (some things have been refined since my initial announcement. And lastly, please be safe. If a thunderstorm rolls through, you might want to pull in your rods and maybe lower your radio antenna. The last thing I want to see is someone get hurt! Best of luck to all teams.

Jeff (Greenhorn)
Smelt_seeker
Species: Salmon

Re: Dyp questions

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Last minute question, talking to a friend today and he asked about browns and steelhead. Is it only salmon or are browns steelhead included?
Kyle smith