Frostbite shore fishing

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Frostbite shore fishing

Post by fishy1 »

3/9/2021 took a ride this morning looking for shore fishing on open water. Found a spot with only one small snow bank to hurdle. Another guy there whom I knew so that made it even better because where I was to land the fish was all ice chunks. Started fishing at 7:20 am and my ist cast with a green sardine krocodile a sharp hit and fish only for it to shake loose. Then 20 minutes later another sharp hit and a miss. Some time later I had a follow tossed it back out and he was aggressive he slammed it but also shook loose. The guy with me had to leave so I left also. Couldn't land a fish by self with those ice chunks. Had fun will be going again soon. Stopped at westport boat launch still froze in but the whole bay is open water. Won't be long.
finsntins
Species: salmon

Re: Frostbite shore fishing

Post by finsntins »

he matt,glad to hear you are out and about.last couple months have been long ones!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

The shoreline guru is back at it! Keep those reports comin, Matt.
striper192001

Post by striper192001 »

I dunno but maybe you need to sharpen/replace those hooks. Those Krocodiles use to be deadly in Ontario !
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Hi Sir,
Love your Determination! I know you only got "Hits" but any inkling if Salmon or Laker's or other species?
I love those Krocodile Lures! They are so versatile! The Fishies really Love 'em too
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Matt, Looking forward to your reports this season! Hope to be fishing out of Westport by next month.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Bearcat wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:14 am Matt, Looking forward to your reports this season! Hope to be fishing out of Westport by next month.
boat launch westport is accesible now
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:11 pm he matt,glad to hear you are out and about.last couple months have been long ones!!!!
hey jason how is the bite over on the big o
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

striper192001 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:32 am I dunno but maybe you need to sharpen/replace those hooks. Those Krocodiles use to be deadly in Ontario !
brand new kroc with the sure set hooks sometimes i have seen there hitting the lure or bumping the lure, seen it alot.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

TruViking wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:09 am Hi Sir,
Love your Determination! I know you only got "Hits" but any inkling if Salmon or Laker's or other species?
I love those Krocodile Lures! They are so versatile! The Fishies really Love 'em too
yes krocs are a all time favorite of mine now comes the honeybee casting lures which are phenominal. honwy bee always made a great trolling bee now the casting lure makes for good shore fishing and trolling/
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

no bite yet matt,ramp just thawed yesterday,just need the wind to cooperate now,boat is sitting at the marina ready to go!!!!!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Jason when would be a good time for me to come over for some shore fishing for browns.
finsntins

Post by finsntins »

anytime now matt,they gonna be in shallow and around the rivers now that they are opened up and flowing warmer water into the lake.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

finsntins wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:09 pm anytime now matt,they gonna be in shallow and around the rivers now that they are opened up and flowing warmer water into the lake.
Thanks I'll check out lake ontario united for reports. Good luck out there jason
the_doctor
Species: Whatever's biting

Post by the_doctor »

Matt, do you tie those Krocs on directly, or with a swivel? Do you use the split ring? I thought you said once you tie direct to the spoon but I can't remember.
Also, ever try a trailer hook to help with short strikes/ misses?
Like this: https://www.chasintailtv.com/articles/d ... iler-hook
Great to see the shore reports are back!
trailer
trailer
IMG_1678.jpg (131.64 KiB) Viewed 6531 times