shore fishing for lakers

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
meangreen1
Species: salmon

Re: shore fishing for lakers

Post by meangreen1 »

Matt
Good luck with your radiation treatment. Hope you get back out fishing again soon!! The Cats should start picking up in the river soon... hope to see ya out there this summer. :)
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Matt:

You are in my thoughts! /Jim
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

meangreen1 wrote:Matt
Good luck with your radiation treatment. Hope you get back out fishing again soon!! The Cats should start picking up in the river soon... hope to see ya out there this summer. :)
fished there 2 days in a row none. 2 spots.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

tamiron wrote:Matt:

You are in my thoughts! /Jim
thanks jim i start monday
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Here is Matt's lure
Attachments
24908.jpeg
24908.jpeg (168.98 KiB) Viewed 19529 times
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

the pic above is a honey bee lure with fishy2 color scheme and she did one more and jim sent them to her for testing well with everything going on and my health she didnt have a chance yet but i tested the one above for one hour and was 2 for 4 for lakers some are in the pics in this post. this fall we will test all of them im sure and will have her test them herself. thanks jim for giving her that chance. maybe this week before the fathers day derby her and i can go up and test them before the lakers move out.
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

You're welcome! She's quite a gal and has good taste in lure design! Good luck to both of you.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

6/17/2020 my son is going to try them trolling in the lci this weekend. i think there going to be hot along with the fishy1. my son also told me he is going to put blue moon crazy ivan on and compare.
Last edited by fishy1 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Post by ReelInvestment »

I like that color of the honeybee. I’ve got a stinger spoon that is pretty much identical colors but has 4 chartreuse dots down the purple side. It’s Laker/salmon killer!

How do I go about getting custom painted spoons tamiron? I have a couple great colors in mind that in honeybee patterns would be amazing. I’ve tried to tape them myself, but it’s never the same!

Tamiron
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

ReelInvestment wrote:I like that color of the honeybee. I’ve got a stinger spoon that is pretty much identical colors but has 4 chartreuse dots down the purple side. It’s Laker/salmon killer!

How do I go about getting custom painted spoons tamiron? I have a couple great colors in mind that in honeybee patterns would be amazing. I’ve tried to tape them myself, but it’s never the same!

Tamiron
these are the heavier casting spoons for casting and trolling. this one also has dots on it and is trout pattern. im sure jim could sell some now even though were not done testing. alyana says this color is going to be as popular as the fishy1. :)
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

ReelInvestment wrote:I like that color of the honeybee. I’ve got a stinger spoon that is pretty much identical colors but has 4 chartreuse dots down the purple side. It’s Laker/salmon killer!

Tamiron
That may be expensive unless you know somebody that will do it for you. But if you send me some pictures, I 'd be willing to try to tape some up and let you try them. Most of my "creations" start as tape./Jim
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/10/2020 headed to my fishing spot to see if Lakers are in yet. Got there with 3 foot to 4 foot waves and water low. Made some casts with a honey bee casting lure my granddaughters color scheme but didn't last long. Just to windy and wouldn't be able to land a fish anyhow where I was. Will have to try again soon.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:37 pm

Tamiron
these are the heavier casting spoons for casting and trolling. this one also has dots on it and is trout pattern. im sure jim could sell some now even though were not done testing. alayna says this color is going to be as popular as the fishy1. :)
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/12/2020 headed back up for some shore fishing for Lakers but the wind was brutal again so I headed pheasant hunting again . I'll post on my hunting post how I did. Got to see if the Lakers are in yet.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/14/2020 headed up to shore fish for Lakers and finally got a decent morning. Very foggy but light winds. Put on a fishy1 bee lure . Ist day why not. Ist 20 minutes I had a follow small Laker. Then about 45 minutes later a freight train hit and fish on but it unhooked. I then decided to leave as I had a restless night after chemo. Water is very low there and that means they will be very spooky and can see you out about 20 foot. I know they are in now I'll be back.