shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish updated may 15 2019 huge eye

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish updated may 15 2019 huge eye

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Congrats Matt on catching 3 gars. They make for great pics.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

Those are some nice gar. I have some guys that target gar with a jig or weedless hook tied with red shredded rope"a twist on what Jim said" because their mouths are very hard and hooks do not set well. They run the 5 inch "flies" over deep weeds and along riprap. I am told when they find them they are usually schooled up and action is fast. Hope that bite is healing good. I am 11 years cancer free. CANCER SUCKS! Keep fighting. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Ramel:

Thanks for sharing. We need to keep pushing guys to pay attention! To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Time lost is the worst enemy.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Ramel most told me on this side of the lake they target them with top water such as jitterbugs hula poppers so on. i was using # 4 eagle double snelled hooks and they were hooked good with half of white perch on hooked through the upper lip and on bottom so surprised. yes they are a schooled fish and mostly on the surface i see them all the time but ists ones i ever caught.
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

That would be a really cool fish to catch on topwater.
Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

@tamiron - F7 - Frog Flatfish with twin trebles on "arm" brings back memories...

I remember having one of these when I was about 10 years old. Just 65 years ago. Not sure I can remember what color mine was, but I think it was a translucent pearl with red markings.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

tmcaul

I am 75 as well! I caught a lot of fish rowing around Cayuga lake using those F7s.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/31/2019 posting now for the tackle box market and deli derby i fished with scott and 1 day with alayna. we did very poorly on shore in the spots i could fish with my leg and the heat. friday alayna only day fishing with us she got broke off by a big fish trying to pump it in hard. she also had 3 runs that she missed one my fault. saturday was a bust for scott and i as the new places we went to get in the shade and relax my leg didnt work as the water temp was to warm. then sunday we only fished a few hours under the same condition with 3 bumps and drops. scott stuck with me. decided to leave early and go up and visit jeff and joey at camp skyland then go to the awards and pig roast. had a great visit with both. the food was awsome there with the national guard doing the cooking with pulled pork baked beans corn on the cob and lots of salads and watermelon. yum yum dinner. if was a great event and i enjoyed seeing the kids gets trophies and prizes . some big fish were caught suprisngly in the heat. the raffles were also great to if your # was called you went up to 2 tables full of prizes and picked out what you wanted. my # was picked and i chose a fish hawk td and a package of beef jerky. hope they do it again next year looking forward to it we all got shirts to
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Humm... the fish did not cooperate with you during the derby but you surely had a great time trying. And looks like the food was awesome. You will love your fish hawk td.
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Matt:

Good choice!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

got 3 good reports from my 3 drs and looks like im on my way of being cancer free for now. the medecine is working and the radiation also. my knee problem looks like athritis and no cancer. going to start walking as much as i can to get back in shape so i can do what i like best fishing. going to try and get into a trout pond 2 miles back soon as it cools. still cant climb in boats but its coming i hope. going to start injecting me late august to strengthen my bones. like jim martino says please go and get checked they have lots of new ways to help with prostrate cancer.
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote:got 3 good reports from my 3 drs and looks like im on my way of being cancer free for now. the medecine is working and the radiation also. my knee problem looks like athritis and no cancer. going to start walking as much as i can to get back in shape so i can do what i like best fishing. going to try and get into a trout pond 2 miles back soon as it cools. still cant climb in boats but its coming i hope. going to start injecting me late august to strengthen my bones. like jim martino says please go and get checked they have lots of new ways to help with prostrate cancer.
Matt:

Great news! :) Thank you for sharing with us! Keep up the good fight!

The rest of us ... please get your PSA with your next physical. If you haven't had a physical in the past 2 - 5 yrs. make an appointment.
Gecha (Gerry)

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Matt, you are an inspiration to all of us.... Glad your winning the fight. We look forward to many more fishing posts.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

X 1oo
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/6/2019 josh and i waited patiently for his 10.7 lb walleye skin mount and today delivered today and what a beautiful mount. it was caught across the big pond and on shore and it was josh,s ist on a purple moon eye jig tipped with a whole crawler. ed barber from ticonderoga ny did the mount and also my 8 lb brown trout mount thats in the pics also.Image
ImageImageImageimage upload website