Species: All

Re: shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish updated may 15 2019 huge eye

Post by Sawyer »

X2
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

7/4/2019 got to go across the big pond today for some shore fishing its been awhile and i needed to go. josh went with me since he is hooked on fishing over there across the big pond now. we put on neon moon eye jigs and tipped them with crawlers me with 2 rods josh with one. it started real slow but with good walleye bites just kept getting hung up on shore in the rocks most of the time it was the line. lost a couple of good ones. josh wasnt getting hing up but still lost 2 smaller eyes near shore. josh was getting lots of pan fish bites. fish kept surfacing close to me about 10 feet out so i decided to toss one rod out about 15 feet and bam hit the bottom and fish on i land a smallie. then 5 consecutive casts and 5 smallies landed. unreal. then my other worm rod was pounding and i land a nice walleye. toss it back out and hit bottom and other what i think was a walleye also got it have way on with the line hung up again and it broke me off. when the sun came over the trees started to get warm we decided to leave . we had a great morning on shore i landed smallies bullhead white perch yellow perch sheephead and rock bass. the walleye was close to being legal we thought but it didnt matter took a quick pic and released it all fish were released on this day. josh caught a nice musky bait to. hope to get back there soon.
ImageImageclosest wells fargo bank to me
josh with his musky bait
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/6/2019 headed across the big pond again this morning for some therapy and channel cat joined me. tried the same spot where i lost my jigs so i just put on a sinker and a snelled hook to see what would happen well i still go hung up and lost 2 nice what we thought were walleyes. so i moved to my left about 40 feet to try it . when moving scott lost a nice fish on a shrimp. the bite was slow but we decided to stay until the storm moves in and it did around noon. somewhere around 10 or so i saw a guy coming towards us in a kayak and it was trout crazy he stayed and we talked awhile before he went back out. he said it was very hot out there in the sun i was sitting under a oak tree. i was picking up a sheephead or 2 some bullhead white perch yellow perch and then it happened i land a walleye. never left there with out catching one not a legal one but still a walleye. was a relaxing day sitting in my camp chair. ImageImage284369638804160512-n.jpg[/img][/url]Imagesantander bank near meImage

Last edited by fishy1 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/7/2019 headed across the big pond again this morning search for some eyes and pan fish to eat. started fishing at 7:30 am with very stained water from the storm saturday. fished between 2 trees this time never getting hung up once. :) the bullhead bite was excellent and i decided to keep some to eat since i had plenty of ice in the cooler. everything else was slow though but i did manage 2 small eyes by dragging bottom. solo so no pics. the highlight of the day was this good size white sucker that battled me even when i was trying to release awsome fight. had fun this morning .

ImageImagebb&t around me
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Nice catch!
It was good to see you there the other day.
I sure got clobbered by the sun, though. I was counting on a rainy day.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/9/2019 headed across the big pond solo again this morning with real stained water again. bite was slow but steady with bullhead nices ones to. kept 16 for family to eat. i landed 1 eel 2 mullets (white suckers) and lost a nice walleye at my feet as it had my other line also and shook loose. 2 and half hrs of fishing.
my cancer treatments ended monday but will be taking medecine for awhile. the treatments will still be working for awhile and my dr said the pain will be going away, so for the next month or so will take it easy no climbing down rocks or banks to shore fish. tight lines
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Matt:

Great attitude on the Cancer.. keep up the good fight! Might encourage a few other guys to get checked. The sooner you find it, the more the options and the greater the potential for good results. Maybe we should start a club!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/14/2019 headed across the big pond for some shore fishing solo. started fishing at 7:15 am with my 2 worm rods sitting in my camp chair. some small bites kept missing then i caught a small white perch cut it in half and put it on one of the worm rods after taking the sinker off. tossed it out and within 10 minutes line started peeling off reel and fish on i land a nice catfish. i struggled to unhook it in the water quickly from the chair but got it done and bait still good. put it back on and tossed it out adn soon another run and a miss and my bait gone. now i have to catch another white perch that took awhile but in 15 minutes or so i caught 3 and now i was set for awhile i thought but it seemed like within 15 minutes or so i had a run and fish on and on. i land 2 more cats and 2 bowfins on the 3 baits. then i hurried to catch more which was difficult they were so small. caught one and landed another cat and another bowfin on it. then i needed another bait and scott showed up somewhere around 10 am to fish with me and help me out. wasnt long i caught a bait and scott to. within 20 minutes i get a fast run and a miss. then it slowed but i did get another good run before we left and another miss. it was fun catching these cats and fins on my worm rods with 12 lbs test. i had a hard time releasing them because of my leg but i got it done no pics because of that reason after scott showed up i missed the 2 . thanks scott for carrying my cooler back to my vehicle. :) :)
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Always pleasant to read your posts Matt. We cheer for you.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Hi Matt, sorry I have been absent for a while but I heard about your fight with cancer once again... I wish you only the best and please keep up the fight... I want to to read your posts for a long time to come....The main reason I have been absent is I was dealt a blow, of course it is nothing like yours Matt, but it is depressing none the less...My sister fell a couple months ago and broke her arm in 5 places...she is older than me and in very poor health, I have been her care taker ever since...and unfortunately I don't have much time for fishing :( Her prognosis for a complete recovery are not good...so I have tried to convince her to go into long term care but she is resisting...I don't have the heart to say I can't help. Tight lines everyone and just remember how lucky you are to be able to enjoy the time on the water..jimbow
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

jimbow wrote:Hi Matt, sorry I have been absent for a while but I heard about your fight with cancer once again... I wish you only the best and please keep up the fight... I want to to read your posts for a long time to come....The main reason I have been absent is I was dealt a blow, of course it is nothing like yours Matt, but it is depressing none the less...My sister fell a couple months ago and broke her arm in 5 places...she is older than me and in very poor health, I have been her care taker ever since...and unfortunately I don't have much time for fishing :( Her prognosis for a complete recovery are not good...so I have tried to convince her to go into long term care but she is resisting...I don't have the heart to say I can't help. Tight lines everyone and just remember how lucky you are to be able to enjoy the time on the water..jimbow
Our Prayers are with you my friend!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

hey jimbow good to hear from you on here. i knew something was up when you been off the radar with even me. just to let you know and others im supposed to be okay soon . the radiation will work for awhile killing the cancer cells. lots of pain gone away now but im having a tough time putting weight on it right now. im staying positive and picking my spots to fish and enjoy life. i think its great jim you caring for your sister like you are. lots more important than fishing your being a great brother. i know its tough but life can be tough. this is my 2nd time with radiation as my prostrate cancer spiked up and spread to 4 spots on my bones. but im going to beat it . jim martino knows how it is to. all men over 50 should get checked periodically for their prostrate. its a simple blood test so dont wait like i did . there are treatments there for it. for now jim keep in touch im going to keep posting as long as i can.
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Diagnosed at 48 years of age, I am a 20 year prostate cancer survivor. Hang in there Matt, we are all pulling for you.