With the end so near...... I went fishing of course!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

With the end so near...... I went fishing of course!

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Hit the water at 630 am with Ron out of red gate amongst the flurry of "last day of the season" duck hunters..... there was a line at the ramp, they had guns so we waited for everyone to get on there way!
Cruised down to Mile Point and areas close to it and set up, worked this area the whole time we were out. The screen on the north side of the bay was just unreal with fish and bait from top to bottom over 180ft of water.
Boated 3 salmon at 26 down 60 back on fat buzzy's and a laker on a brown trout spoon that fell out of Jeremy's tackle box on Tuesday.... Picked up at noon.
I really feel that i am doing something wrong over this area and if someone can figure it out they will have a heck of a day or two! The only thing I haven't tried is later in the day..... Maybe that is the key. I will be fishing on Christmas afternoon, maybe Santa Clause will be nice to me!
"Worth style" Fat Buzzy.... Gold back
Todd
Todd
Brian
Species: fin fish

Re: With the end so near...... I went fishing of course!

Post by Brian »

Fishin' on Christmas.....I'm as green as an elf with envy. Have a great day of it!!!!
Got bass thumb?
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I am getting kind of spoiled as a frostbite guest on forum members boats now for the 3rd week in a row to extend my season 11 months straight on the water. Thanks Todd for my second trip aboard as all we missed was Christmas lights on Todd's boat as there was a lot of cheer! I had a rare early start like the shoot-out arriving at 6:15 am for my first visit to Red gate in 30 years. With good directions from Todd I found it in the dark just by following the duck hunters from Route 7. It was the last day of duck season and it was a quiet perfect cloudy morning as we launched in mild weather. I wish I had brought my 3" 1100 left handed semi-auto Remington that has been silent for 10 years since i stopped blasting ducks and decided to keep the boat active after Labor day instead of putting it up after returning from Lake O.

As I said it sure had the feel of a duck outing 24 hours ago and my second trip on Todd's C-Dory as I remarked how it really felt like a fishing boat with Todd working the wheel and finding my way around it as familiarity set in in the early light as day broke. With a simple program and a full screen of sharks and bait we had great anticipation with a 1 ft. chop out of the north. Bill Saiff of Rod n Reel fame said many times on there show people don't realize how much they miss the best part of the morning at sunrise. It's one of my favorite times of the day out on the water as I miss it greatly with family responsibilities that have taken over my last 10 years which is a good thing. But, today was special and after a few lure changes and depths Todd hit doubles on his one rigger rod to start things off. This is what makes it fun and why we fish! We talked about a 10 lb. salmon today and why we have fished for 30 years and what makes that special chasing this elusive benchmark fish. It's what keeps us coming back.

Well 5.5 hours went by quickly and with no lost fish or knockoffs at noon we felt we had a great morning boating 4 fish with incredible water conditions. It was the best day for weather for the week. It felt like mid October today on the water and thanks Todd for having me as your guest and I would rate it high for fun and 4 fish was a bonus.

Merry Christmas!

R
Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

If your good Todd, Santa will be good. Or so I'm told?
I Hope you can figure out the population of elusive fish at Mile Point as we all like to read your frostbite posts and drool over the pics!
Merry Christmas!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
MarknFish (Mark)
Species: All

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

It was good hearing you guys on the radio today and apparently the slow bite was everywhere. We didn't do much better than you but we had a great time floating. Good luck on Xmas!
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

It was a Great day for a float and when I arrived at Converse at 9:00 a boat was on the ramp, Reggie was out and another pulled up in back of us.

All those folks were in the same happy holiday mood "With Visions of Silver Dancing Round their Heads"

"Mr Big" and his relatives is sure to make their presence soon. It sure looks like floating every month with the lake 44-45 will be the new normal again this year.
Fish On!
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

We finished up my work with the Black Ghost at the Sand Bar on Thursday. Got to drop a couple lines (only one license on board). Troll for couple of hours in the afternoon as we kept track of the pipe as it was being pulled into the ground. Drilling outcome was perfect, fishing was a skunk.

So my conclusion was that the fish weren't interested in the afternoon. Of course the Dead Sea was just living up to its name too.
Black Ghost (Ken)