IS Report 5/27 and 5/28

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Sawyer
Species: All

IS Report 5/27 and 5/28

Post by Sawyer »

We fished the IS Sat and Sun with no luck at all. Mudchuck said he marked some bait around the cow Banks We didn't find any sing of bait any were. I found good sings of big fish from 60 feet down to the bottom were the water was 100 feet deep or more. We tried fishing with riggers at 70 feet with no hits.
Sunday evening before dark the fish started to come up in the water column to the 40 foot level.
Their were several boats out fishing so i hope some of you will add your comments and Experiences from the IS this past weekend.
We did catch a nice bunch of good sized yellow for a fish fry.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: IS Report 5/27 and 5/28

Post by fishy1 »

at least you got out don. i dont think the fishing was that great this weekend anywhere including on shore
dickbaker
Species: Salmon, pike and bass

Post by dickbaker »

Don, We got skunked , on IS , too. First time ever? But took the kids in to Keeler Bay for blue gill and they caught and released a gazillion??
Dick
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

WE did take a ride to the main lake to Sawyers Island were we got 3 lakers. One laker had 2 small lampreys on it and one had a Big lamprey it let go about two feet under the surface it looked about 3 feet long. Do they get that big?
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Lamprey get pretty big, from what we saw this week in shelburne they are really bad this year. We saw mainly small ones. Of the 60+ we boated I'd say 80% had marks mostly really fresh and we killed at least a dozen. We had one small laker (23 inch maybe) that had 3 on it at one time.
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

OMG thats not good
DreamWeaver
Species: Salmon, trout and bass

Post by DreamWeaver »

We fished IS Sunday and filed a report. Caught one very important silver (salmon).
moscustomrods
Species: salmon

Post by moscustomrods »

also fished the dead sea 0n sun not a release no bait!
_vn_
Species: pike, lakers, bass

Post by _vn_ »

fished saturday and sunday @ Cumberland bay, used dipsy divers with copper colored spoons and caught lakers both days, they were hitting in 50-60ft of water

has anyone caught anything in IS ever?
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

_vn_ wrote:fished saturday and sunday @ Cumberland bay, used dipsy divers with copper colored spoons and caught lakers both days, they were hitting in 50-60ft of water

has anyone caught anything in IS ever?
There are some serious salmon in there, just have to pay your dues haha
_vn_

Post by _vn_ »

i caught some serious white perch there in front of keeler bay, however in the upper part of IS I never had a single bite - i guess my dues are still vetting :)
is salmon only down by cedar island?
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

I mostly catch mine around eagle,mountain right off the drop offs. Zig zag east to west along that contour ..... Or bounce back and forth between cedar and grand isle contours. Always seem to pick up salmon staging around baitfish. Last year I was fishing 30ft down on memorial day and got rewarded.
Smitty
Species: Salmon & Lake Trout

Post by Smitty »

Inland Sea
Well I've fished the sea for a few years now and have had good day's and bad too
haven't fished there yet this year what's the water temp?
caught that 8lb'er last year so yup there in there somewhere, that's my battle also is
finding the bait, the predators won't be far away, that you can take to the bank.
When you find the bait start with your favorite lure, then on the days that doesn't work
start throwing every color and shape that flutters in the water when dragged at 2~3 mph
and has some flash, Oh and I've seen days when I wish I had the kitchen sink to throw at them....LOL Stick with it and it will come, Pay close attention to speed color and depth once you get bit and change everything else to the bite lure color and most important enjoy the day no matter what the out come is...! 8-)
_vn_

Post by _vn_ »

nice, thanks! will have to try in couple of weeks! do they bite in the summer ?
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Not liking all of these dismal reports for the IS! We had pretty good luck out there last year, including one 6+lber that came from 20' down on May 27th (it's my avatar picture). Haven't actually made it out there yet this year, though. Have to rectify that pretty soon.