Opertunity to change Vermonts Baitfish rule

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
JabberJaws
Species: all

Opertunity to change Vermonts Baitfish rule

Post by JabberJaws »

I am passing this along if you have any thoughts about the Baitfish rules in Vermont the Fish and Wildlife Board needs to hear from you.

Guys,
Pls forward this meeting notice to any fisherman you know. This is our big chance to correct issues in this rule. I have already gotten the ability to transport your baitfish from one area of a lake to another as long as your tag from the bait dealer is still in effect.

I also got the non-native minnow that infested Caspian Lake added to the list of approved baitfish in this rule.

I think these were the main issues plagueing the sportsmen but pls let me know if there is anything else.

I cannot make these public meetings as they fall in the middle of moose season and I have a permit this year.

If you cannot attend the hearings, pls send in a quick email to the FWB (fwboard@list.state.vt.us)

I need your help to nail these changes down and make this happen.

Good Morning Gentleman,
The dates for the baitfish public hearings have been finalized and are as follows:

Monday Oct 22, 6pm-8pm - Emory Heard State Office Building, 100 Main St., Newport VT 05855 (Conference Room)

Tuesday Oct 23, 6pm-8pm - Kehoe Conservation Camp, Bomoseen, VT (Conference Room)

Wednesday Oct 24, 6pm-8pm - St. Albans Town Education Center, 169 South Main St., St. Albans VT 05478 (cafeteria)

I will remind you of them at the meeting as well. See you all tomorrow!

Mary Diego

Commissioner's Assistant
Vermont Fish & Wildlife
103 South Main Street,
Waterbury VT 05671
(802) 583-7173

It will probably be a long time before we get this opportunity again so speak now or you will get what you get!
Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
Captain Paul
Species: lake trout,salmon,panfish

Re: Opertunity to change Vermonts Baitfish rule

Post by Captain Paul »

I hope everybody takes a minute to email the FWB about this so maybe they can get it right my email is going now thanks Jabberjaws
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

Capt, Paul,,,what would you change and why??
Captain Paul

Post by Captain Paul »

Fishingmachine for starters I would make it so if you trap or sain bait on a river or stream that flows to lake champlain you can transport it by land or water it doesnt make sense to me that we can trap bait at the falls in Vergenes and use it in the lake as long as we go from the falls to the lake by boat but if we want to drive to Red Gate and put the boat in it againts the Law I feel there are to many laws made to make it easy for enforcement instead of makeing it easy for the sportsmen.I think if you catch a none game spieces in a body of water you should be able to use it for bait in that body of water there is way less chance of spreading V.H.S. if you use the bait from the body of water you are fishing rather than going to a bait shop and buying farm raised bait that is imported from some states that have a history of haveing V.H.S. The one thing the State for got when they wrote the current bait laws is that water runs down hill for example what diffirence is it going make if you trap bait in Lake Arrowhead and take it to lake champlain the water is running to lake champlain any ways. Another thing is why should we go to the bait shop and by certified bait and have to dump it when we come to shore and didn't use it all its certified and its exspensive you should be able to keep it and use it the next day as long as you don't put lake water in it and go to another lake. I under stand the treat of V.H.S is real but it would be much better to educate the public about it rather than make a lot of laws that make it more exspensive for sportsmen to enjoy there sports
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

capt. Paul,,,I totally agree with you
Captain Paul

Post by Captain Paul »

I am glad some one does I see the VT FISH & WILDLIFE has there proposed new rules listed on there web site it fixes a couple of issues but not all of them
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Did anyone make it to any of these?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry