NEW INFO ADDED Bad News "NO SEA LAMPREY CONTROL THIS YEAR"

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Captain Paul
Species: lake trout,salmon,panfish

NEW INFO ADDED Bad News "NO SEA LAMPREY CONTROL THIS YEAR"

Post by Captain Paul »

JUST GOT BAD NEWS FROM A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE THERE WILL BE NO SEA LAMPREY CONTROL IN VERMONT THIS YEAR UNLESS WE CAN PERSWADE THE GOVERNORS OFFICE DIFFERENTLY 1-802-828-3333 EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALL AND ASK WHY PETER SHUMLIN HATE LAKE CHAMPLAIN AND WANTS TO RUIN THE LAKE CHAMPLAIN RESTORATION PROJECT . IF YOU LOVE OUR FISHERY YOU WILL TAKE THE TIME TO MAKE THIS CALL AND HAVE ALL YOU'RE FREINDS AND FAMILY CALL TO .THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO THE FISHERY .if YOU DO'NT MAKE THE CALL DON'T BE ON HERE WHINING WHEN YOU CANT CATCH A LAKE TROUT OVER 10LBS OR A SALMON OVER 2LBS AND THE WALLEYE FISHERY WILL GO BACK TO BEING ALMOST NOTHING

MAKE THE CALL 1-802-828=3333
Last edited by Captain Paul on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Bad News "NO SEA LAMPREY CONTROL THIS YEAR"

Post by Reelax »

This is bullshit!!! After all the years of effort it will all go down the drain if they miss a year. call Made!!!

The receptionist said the Gov was out, but took a message and I asked they follow up. The girl said she has gotten many calls about lamprey control today and she would forward my concerns. I left email, and phone numbers as well as some serious concerns and comments.

Is will work if we all call...
Matt B
Captain Paul

Post by Captain Paul »

Thanks Matt, I don't know how many other forums some of you visit but this is the only one for me please share this with any other Forums you use
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

I can't imagine this lack of action could be anything but bad for the lake sturgeon project too. I'm going to call the office tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

I didn't see the article. What were the reasons? I don't react to anything too fast. It usually ends badly.
Captain Paul

Post by Captain Paul »

fishmaster176 there is know article yet but there will be. I don't like to act to fast either but my sources are pretty good . The reason is that VT. Health Department the ones that think its fine for every town around to dump Raw Sewage in to the Lake Champlain Basin has come up with new standards for drinking water that doesn't allow enough TFM to be used to be effective but Raw Sewage is fine in the drinking water. I believe it is a political ploy to appease some of there constituents
BottomDollar

Post by BottomDollar »

Since we do know that rivers and streams are treated once every four years, does anyone know which tributaries are due for treatment? Is treatment usually done in the spring when they spawn? If so, this would go into effect in spring of 2017 with a new gubernatorial administration, yes?
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

:evil: I feel that catching a trophy salmon is something to be cherished for all. I want my child to get himself into large salmon regularly in the future. This is ruining the opportunity that I was able to enjoy this past year with family and friends. And the control program shutdown will be for political reasons??? This needs to be addressed and assertively. We all need to, if this is going to be a reality.
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

What the real tragedy here is that when they skip a year most of the effort and money that has been spent gets wasted!!!This is typical government B.S!!! Sleeps
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

This is a travesty! Heed Captain Paul's advice !

MAKE THE CALL 1-802-828-3333
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Captain Paul

Post by Captain Paul »

I KNOW Laplatte river was scheduled for this fall and two other streams in Vt. this treatment is suppose to happen in about 1-2 month
BottomDollar

Post by BottomDollar »

Captain Paul wrote:I KNOW Laplatte river was scheduled for this fall and two other streams in Vt. this treatment is suppose to happen in about 1-2 month
OK, thanks. We've got to make some noise on this. I'll do my small part tomorrow.
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

How can the Govenor of a state that relies on tourism for its economy make such a reckless decision? Make the call,send the email and spread the word!!!
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

If this is true, it is the worst news imaginable for our fishery.
However, let's get ALL the facts straight first.
Bill
"POINTER"
bagman
Species: trout

Post by bagman »

I called this morning. If you are a member of this forum make the call