7/17/2016 jimmer harry and i

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Re: 7/17/2016 jimmer harry and i

Post by tamiron »

I tried to post after hairbone and before bearcat but lost it!

What I was trying to get across was that not one mention of a BEE, but this report meant more to me than you can imagine.

The chartreuse pattern on the Speedy is very close to our newest patterns to be released next month. Good confirmation! The Chartreuse Evil Eye with the Halo pattern has always been good. The rainbow speedies emphasize the need for every manufacturer to have this pattern in their offerings. It's not just about your products but what colors and patterns are hot now! This is the truth, not smoke!

I promise that I will always keep thanking those who share and not just BEEs. It is the very fact that I do have skin in this game that your opinions, observations and results help all of us so much, to learn and be successful as anglers and manufacturers.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

tamiron wrote:I tried to post after hairbone and before bearcat but lost it!

What I was trying to get across was that not one mention of a BEE, but this report meant more to me than you can imagine.

The chartreuse pattern on the Speedy is very close to our newest patterns to be released next month. Good confirmation! The Chartreuse Evil Eye with the Halo pattern has always been good. The rainbow speedies emphasize the need for every manufacturer to have this pattern in their offerings. It's not just about your products but what colors and patterns are hot now! This is the truth, not smoke!

I promise that I will always keep thanking those who share and not just BEEs. It is the very fact that I do have skin in this game that your opinions, observations and results help all of us so much, to learn and be successful as anglers and manufacturers.

I favor that mp6 and small Bella muffin next month in chartruse. I haven't been running them as I have been fishing slow for lakers and running a few speedy's for salmon as they produce a few at slow speeds. Done tourney fishing for the year so I will be running a salmon program and adding some other wacky rigs to the program. I spent the last 2 months targeting lakers.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Well here's a curious thing; after ruining my last rainbow trout speedy shiner on a laker, I couldn't find anymore locally early this spring, so not to worry, I bought a couple of rainbow trout Crazy Ivans and Honeybees. I never caught a fish on them so I stopped using the pattern until I was recently given some speedy shiners, thanks Bryan. Since then the boat has either hooked or landed 8 fish 4lb and above including Ron's 6 salmon. We also lost a real trophy. I think another boat fishing near me lost one that would have gone 10 using a speedy. Now I know that this is mostly circumstantial and I probably would have caught fish regardless, but you have to wonder. I think maybe I'll have to look at my old Mooslucks as well. Could be the fish get a good look at the popular bees and CI's and react to a different shape?
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

this is all great info im reading here and hats off to jim harry jeff and others for being truthful. just got back from jimmers and talking over our program for sunday afternoon what went well and what did not. i did most of the driving and jimmer set the rods. all 4 salmon caught and the brown hit 72 feet down and 80 to 90 feet back in 90.6 fow. . the 2 laker rods had spin n glows on and a wobble glow so we could have changed the laker rods to bees but didnt. our speed the whole time was 1.8 mph. which has been consistant with our last 2 or 3 trips in that area. we did not catch a laker which has us shaking our heads. what i dont like about the speedy shiner is the trebles . i prefer single hooks only .
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

I change mine to singles
Targa V18
Species: lake trout/Salmon

Post by Targa V18 »

C-Hawk wrote:I change mine to singles
Did it have any affect to the action when doing so? What size hook? I'd love to switch mine out also.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Targa V18 wrote:
Did it have any affect to the action when doing so? What size hook? I'd love to switch mine out also.
If it had any effect it was for the better. I think i used a 2 stolen from a non producer for me as I didn't have any on board.Put a slight bend in them, but be careful as they break easy. Nice fish Jimmer
fiSHERMAN
Species: BASS/SALMON

Post by fiSHERMAN »

We only managed to catch one small salmon we released and a big perch fishy1 I'm glad u told this story I knew Jimmer had lost one I never knew about getting the lure back!
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

fiSHERMAN wrote:We only managed to catch one small salmon we released and a big perch fishy1 I'm glad u told this story I knew Jimmer had lost one I never knew about getting the lure back!
What family and friends you have! I left those 2 geezers 2 hot spoons and they could have shared one with you! :mrgreen: You can fish with me on my boat and we will challenge those two donut eating fools to a fishing contest!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fiSHERMAN wrote:We only managed to catch one small salmon we released and a big perch fishy1 I'm glad u told this story I knew Jimmer had lost one I never knew about getting the lure back!
welcome to the forum travis. sounds like harry has you picked out for a little contest between you and him against your father and i. wow that would be a blast. by the way i like your boat alot i had a grunman. :)
Targa V18

Post by Targa V18 »

C-Hawk wrote:
Targa V18 wrote:
If it had any effect it was for the better. I think i used a 2 stolen from a non producer for me as I didn't have any on board.Put a slight bend in them, but be careful as they break easy. Nice fish Jimmer
Thank you!!!! And I'm going to switch some out for the next run.
Targa V18

Post by Targa V18 »

Hairbone wrote:
What family and friends you have! I left those 2 geezers 2 hot spoons and they could have shared one with you! :mrgreen: You can fish with me on my boat and we will challenge those two donut eating fools to a fishing contest!
I hope Travis takes you up on this little contest!!!! Once we got bad luck "SLEPROCK" off my boat we did ok. I don't think the Hot lures you handed over had anything to do with catching fish. It was the donuts!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: I am thoroughly convinced that you can't catch fish without donuts. We have proven this to be our secret weapon!!!!!! Now that you have forced me to post this information I hope not everyone figures out our best name brand donut!!!!
fiSHERMAN
Species: BASS/SALMON

Post by fiSHERMAN »

Hairbone wrote:
Well this sure sounds fun to me I'm in ! And I see Jimmer says it's the donuts and I know what kind they are ! Haha
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

I'm posting lure patterns, the least you could do is post what kind of donuts are working, although I think Cheetos work just as well.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

we have 2 brands of donuts on board all the time and some goes in the water for chum. :lol: jimmer and i are ready for you harry and travis.