LCI Prizes, Cash, anyone know??????

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

LCI Prizes, Cash, anyone know??????

Post by Trackertroller »

Anyone know what came out of the awards this year? Boats, product, cash????? Just curious.
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Re: LCI Prizes, Cash, anyone know??????

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

My Budweiser salesman and his team the Liquor lords won a Sylvan 16 footer with 50 horse yamaha! Very nice boat and individually won some cash for 3rd place lake trout 7th place lake trout also angler of the year!!! These guys have done very very well over the years!!!!! They put there time in and have a great time with the LCI every year!!! Sleeps
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

There is a 5' check at the store for 2 grand that reads "Dockside Bait Is What They Ate!". I think the guys were letting everyone get thier pictures with it and holding up trophies?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Dockside wrote:There is a 5' check at the store for 2 grand that reads "Dockside Bait Is What They Ate!". I think the guys were letting everyone get thier pictures with it and holding up trophies?

Very nice!
Matt B
Eric L
Species: Whatever bites

Post by Eric L »

Here's a copy/paste of a press release -

"5,762 anglers from 24 states competed for $94,807.78 in cash, $50,925 in boats, and $59,990 in merchandise. One angler traveled 6,368 miles to fish [From Anchorage Alaska], one walked away with $10,842 in cash, and another with $22,689 cash and prizes. 792 T.E.A.M.s battled it out for one of three Sylvan/Yamaha boat packages valued at $16,975 each.

"Lake Champlain did not disappoint with some big fish making their way onto the scales. Six people walked away with $3000 checks for their first place fish in the Smallmouth bass (5.00 pounds), walleye (7.48 pounds), Northern pike (12.10 pounds), Lake trout (14.15 pounds), landlocked Atlantic salmon (7.42), Largemouth bass (6.02), and extraordinary categories (18.05 sheepshead). Other notable fish include the 28.21 pound carp that won the $1000 Crazy Carp Challenge presented by Team Realtree Outdoor Energy, a 12.49 pound bowfin, and a 7.60 pound salmon weighed in by one of the many Junior Anglers.

Family turnout for the 31st year of the derby was spectacular, with 343 families registering. The juniors made an excellent showing, weighing in lakers over 12 pounds, salmon over 7 pounds, 6.64-pound walleye, 4-pound smallmouth, 5-pound largemouth, bowfin in excess of 12 pounds, and 20+ pound catfish."

There were also several people who left with checks between $8k and $5k. Super bonus was $7,872.26 per division.
Captain Paul
Species: lake trout,salmon,panfish

Post by Captain Paul »

My hat is off to LCI I think they are on the right track now anytime you can win over $10,000.00 in CASH on a derby its a great derby. Good job LCI thank for lisening
Sugarpie
Species: All the ones that are hungry!

Post by Sugarpie »

Wow! Congratulations to all of the winners.

Oh and Ben I have two 5' checks you can hang on your wall! They don't say "Dockside Bait is what they ate", but you can still have them :lol: They are leaning up against a filing cabinet in Jeremy's office at Stratton... lol
To fish or not to fish... NOT TO FISH??? Like that's even a question!!!!
Sugarpie
Species: All the ones that are hungry!

Post by Sugarpie »

Oh wait! Sorry you can't have them Ben... Jeremy just told me they are going above Hannah Teeter and Kelly Clark's giant checks on the Stratton wall of "famous women".... LMFAO!
To fish or not to fish... NOT TO FISH??? Like that's even a question!!!!
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

Sugarpie wrote:Oh wait! Sorry you can't have them Ben... Jeremy just told me they are going above Hannah Teeter and Kelly Clark's giant checks on the Stratton wall of "famous women".... LMFAO!
Aahhhh!!! That's great! Stratton wall of fame!
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

WOW, some great cash prizes, looks like quite a few people than last year too. $60K in prizes i pretty sweet too.
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

OK. If the LCI sold 5762 tickets at 70 dollars each,that's $403,340.00. the boats and material prizes are donated by Yamaha and the other companies, the cash prizes were less than $100,000.00.....where is the other $300,000.00???????????
Captain Paul
Species: lake trout,salmon,panfish

Post by Captain Paul »

How do you come up with $70 for each registraition
fishingmachine

Post by fishingmachine »

that figure came from talking to people that entered the fathers day event and what they said a ticket cost them with the extras added on, the actual dollar amount spent on tickets seems impossible to find out,but its somewhere in the $400,000.00 range.
fishingmachine

Post by fishingmachine »

that 400 thousand dollar amount is also what past derbies have brought in to the LCI according to their own tax returns.This has been hashed over a thousand times in the old forum and I don't want to go over it all again,Look it up in the old pro boards forum if you are really interested in what the LCI really does for the Lake and its fishermen,I won't discuss this any further on this forum....the people that started this forum did so to avoid all this stuff.
FATHEAD
Species: salmon

Post by FATHEAD »

We got $350 for a 6.5 pound steelhead that placed fifth. Better than nothing but I feel any fish that places in the top ten of any category ought to get more than what they gave out. It's a challenge out of 5700 anglers just to finish in the top ten and they should be rewarded more in my opioion.