Lake Level and weigh stations??

Share info on fishing Champlain.
SmellsLikeFishNH
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Lake Level and weigh stations??

Post by SmellsLikeFishNH »

Guys and Gals,
Where can I find this information? Im curious about the causeway near Apple Island....if my boat will be able to get by or not if I decide to fish in the Inland Sea at all this weekend.

Also was curious incase I need to go to use that as a weigh station. What are my other options for weigh stations if im fishing the South Hero Island area? Plattsburg across the lake? I have a list of the weigh stations, but not really sure where all of them are, I know of Apple Isand and where Plattsburg is, I do not know where any of the others are.

Thank you again and good luck at the LCI.
-Scott
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Lake Level and weigh stations??

Post by raz »

You might have a draft issue getting under the causeway bridge to get to Apple Island.
Your best bet other than Apple Island is going to be the weigh station at Plattsburgh.
Hero's welcome would be a long haul if your going to avoid the causeway.
http://heroswelcome.com/
https://plus.google.com/103537983696545 ... bout?hl=en
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
SmellsLikeFishNH
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Post by SmellsLikeFishNH »

Thanks Gerry!
I had a feeling Plattsburg was going to be my spot! :-)

Take care and I appreciate the response!
-Scott
MADSIERRA
Species: if it swims

Post by MADSIERRA »

Not sure how low the lake is for this time of year. I fished the inland sea during the derby for 7 or 8 years and stayed @ Apple Island resort and when we wanted to fish outer Mallets bay we could always make it through. @ the time I had a 24 ft hard top penn yan I/O. on the north side of the bridge it was always ok and on the south side we could make it with the motor trimmed way up...had to run it like that for a couple hundred yards. was always only 3 to 3.5 feet deep....not sure what is like with todays water levels tho. Good Luck.