fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
Butcher
Species: cold water

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Post by Butcher »

That is awesome!! I cant wait to get my girls into that caliber fish. They do not have quite the drive that Alayna has....

Congrats to you both!
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Post by fishy1 »

6/3/2019 headed up to fish a river this morning in the brisk wind but stopped at a spot to cast for lakers i was 2 for 2 in 1/2 hour short fish around 20 inches. headed to the river shortly after and when i got there there was about 20 cormorants diving darn to many of those darn birds . started to fish and down came the rain decided to call it a day and go home .
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

6/4/2019 headed north again today chasing lakers on shore. i got there with a sunny day no wind and clear water so i got into my box and found a blue streak 1/2 ounce krocodile which i think will work under these conditions. 3 rd cast freight train hit and i land a small spunky laker. few minutes later a freight train hit and heading north i land a nice laker good start and it didnt stop for the next hour and 45 minutes. i was 6 for 9 nothing huge but all gave me a battle so much fun, ist time in years i kept my limit of lakers for my buddy wayne who still cant fish after having knee surgery. 2 of the 3 i kept were 25 and 27 inches the other 21. i got all hits on a count of 10 but landed the 2 biggest close to shore raising my rod tip to trigger a strike. i had a blast and they put on a show im going to leave the salmon alone for awhile and target lakers and walleyes. Image
ImageImageImagebareera meaning in urdu
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Great day, Matt. Sure set hook, right? I see they’ve been discontinued.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Mr. Gill wrote:Great day, Matt. Sure set hook, right? I see they’ve been discontinued.
john the sure set hooks been discontinued where did you see that? im wondering why? ill always be able to find them though. some big mistakes being made with rapala buying everyone out and then jacking up the prices also.
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Read it online. Don’t get me going on Rapala. Love many of the Trigger X panfish baits. They bought out the company & discontinued them all.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

6/5/2019 hit the lake tonight for some much needed therapy casting for lakers. my freind josh tagged along and he was glad he did. the ist 3 or 4 casts i said to josh raise your rod tip high when getting close to shore to trigger a strike and also keep his rainbow kroc off the rocks. his 6th cast fish on and he lands a nice 27 inch laker by raising his rod tip up. it didnt stop there either his rainbow kroc was on fire he had 4 freight train hit and 2 on the lift. what battles he had. josh said nothing like it there is no fight to them trolling nothing matches this jumping swimming running the drag unbeleivable he says. josh ended up 3 for 6 and i was 1 for 5 all my hits were short and i had the bigger kroc on . josh also got very excited and a he had some salmon follow his lure in but would shy away. ImageImage
EagleEd7
Species: Trout

Post by EagleEd7 »

Matt:
Glad to see you/Josh get out for a fun night of fishing. Water looks pretty clear of weeds/calm in the picture of you holding your laker.
Had a nice hit at the Racino on Fire Link for $11,931 playing for just $1 a spin, since I was ahead $50. Continued good health and fishing.

Eagle Ed
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

EagleEd7 wrote:Matt:
Glad to see you/Josh get out for a fun night of fishing. Water looks pretty clear of weeds/calm in the picture of you holding your laker.
Had a nice hit at the Racino on Fire Link for $11,931 playing for just $1 a spin, since I was ahead $50. Continued good health and fishing.

Eagle Ed
wow ed congratulations ill look for your pic on the web site.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

6/6/2019 headed up for some shore fishing with justin for a couple of hours. was slow i lost 1 right off on a blue streak kroc then nothing did catch one smallie. when the sun finally started to come out i put on a silver swedish pimple to jig and try to provoke strikes. well just as justin was leaving for work my lure was a little heavier so i thought i had zebra mussels on not so i had 2 crayfish on the lure. wow. then justin left and as i got near shore i started to reel and freight train hit fish on i land a decent laker. on the very next cast i got done jigging and started to reel and the very same spot and i had a thundering hit and fish on and a huge one. didnt last long it rolled and unhooked. now it was time to go home. slow day but i still had a blast i was 1 for 3. mixing up my lures and colors. Image
big alewife in its stomachImageImage
2 cray fish caught
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

6/7/2019 headed north this morning with a short window . my 9th cast with the blue streak krocodile on a count of 10 when i got to 6 my line tightened up and my rod doubled over and my drag on fire big fish on heading south and coming up fast one jump 2 jumps and gone. i just lost a big salmon or steelhead. then for over and hour nothing with fish busting water out from me. then around 9 am it happened freight train hit and fish on and a big one. had big time trouble getting it to move off bottom and when i got it up a little in the water column it headed right towards me in the rocks ugh. he got in the rocks in 3 fow and then i saw him it was tank whom i been chasing for 9 months. tried everything to lift him up a little to get him in the net as i was prepared to step in the water to net it regardless of the slippery algae on the rocks. but as i tried to bring him and little closer he was out about 6 feet he got head shaking and making a run out of there and the rocks cut my line about half way to him. ugh tank won but at least i got him to hit today not just chasing. tank is between 15 and 20 lbs and is so fat what a laker. hope i get another chance.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Wow! If you hook him again really soon maybe you'll get your Krocodile back!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Bearcat wrote:Wow! If you hook him again really soon maybe you'll get your Krocodile back!
he was a tough catch for 9 months probably will never get another chance till fall or winter.
have you been up havent seen you around.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

tank lives...
Matt B
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

fishy1 wrote:
Bearcat wrote:Wow! If you hook him again really soon maybe you'll get your Krocodile back!
he was a tough catch for 9 months probably will never get another chance till fall or winter.
have you been up havent seen you around.
Fished Bulwaga a couple of times last month, was kind of quiet so I've been hitting Otsego lake and did a couple of brown trips in Ontario. I may get back out there this week. My current boat is navy blue and has a Johnson instead of the twin Bearcats - at least for now.