Weekend report. North

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
bjo16
Species: all

Weekend report. North

Post by bjo16 »

Headed up to the lake this past weekend. Stayed in North Hero on pelots bay. Great spot. Started fishing friday afternoon after the rain. Met up with our buddy who lives in NY. 5 of us total in 2 boats. Fished pelots bay. Picked up a few fish but nothing great. They did a little better in the other boat. At the end of the bay there was bait all over the place and fish chasing but we couldnt get them to bite. Hit the main lake for a bit and there was some boils on top but we got nothing. Our buddy did pick up a small laker jigging. Saturday was a better day though it was pretty chilly and windy. Didnt end up clearing till afternoon. Fished the bay again and the fish were on. Picked up a mixture of fish, perch, pickeral, pike and bass. I got this nice 4lb largemouth. Picked up 20 or so fish between 3 of us.
billbass.jpg
They were hammering them in the other boat. Got some nice smallies one being 5lbs. Took a lunch break and headed out in the evening to try for some lakers and salmon. Did pretty good and picked up 4 lakers and a salmon in like 3 or 4 hours. This was the biggest.
P1020239.JPG
Sunday me and my brother went out with our buddy from NY. Fished close while we waited for the older guys to get their a in gear. Fish slowed down a bit but we got a few in a couple hours. Nothing great. Once the other two got out we headed north to dillenbeck. Slow goings there. only a fish or two plus a bite off from a pike at the first spot. Headed across the way and slow again there. Just picked up one smallie. Decided to head around the bend and that was the ticket. Started hammering them on rapala xraps. Worked the shoreline all the way up to almost to 78 bridge. Mixture of smallies and pike. Between me and my brother we must have gotten over 40 or so. Nothing big but lots of action and some decent 2+lb smallies. This was prob the biggest.
P1020243.JPG
In the other boat they were still down further south working that area. THey found a nice school of bait and while didnt get a lot of fish they got a nice 4lb smallie and this very unexpected nice surprise my dad got.
P1020245.JPG
This guy went about 6lb 3oz. Thats going to make a nice meal.
In the evening we went back to trolling again. Was slower then the night before had some releases and did get a laker or two and a smallie and perhaps a small salmon.
Monday was the last day and we only had a few hours to fish. Headed out and tried pelots but not much happening. Headed to the wall and only picked up one smallie. So we figured to head back up north and hope they were there again. They were. We hammered them until we had to leave around 1 (also lost all our xraps) Mix of pike and smallies again. They didnt wanna know anything really on anything but xraps. We picked up about 32 or so total between the 4 of us. Fish seemed to be a bit bigger then the day before, though nothing really huge. All were nice and fat full of eggs ready to spawn THis was one of the biggest I got.
P1020248.JPG
Headed back home after that. I would say prob the best trip yet.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Weekend report. North

Post by raz »

Wow...you guys put in a lot of time on the water and were rewarded with tons of fish.
Looks like a very fun successful trip. Dad wins with the walleye. Enjoy!
Thanks for the look and details.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Post by browntown »

Thanks for the post guys. Sounds like your are in training for derby season. Now that is a mixed bag. I'm not sure what kind of a slam you have you're selves there?
Brian
Species: fin fish

Post by Brian »

That's a heck of a weekend of fishing! Way to do the mutli specie, multi technique tango. Really nice fish and story. I presume the X-Raps were the slash bait/jerkbaits? Good lure, very user friendly too ;)
Got bass thumb?
rvq
Species: bass

Post by rvq »

When you guys go fishing, you go fishing. Nice report. You did very well and I hope had a great time.

Bob
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Very nice report and great pics bjo16

Welcome to the forum.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Lavman
Species: Equal opportunity catcher :D

Post by Lavman »

Great report! Thanks for sharing, you guys had a great weekend!

What color and size on the xraps?
bjo16
Species: all

Post by bjo16 »

yes it was a great time. wish had a house up there id go every weekend :) the xraps were the longer stickbait ones. not sure on the exact size but they were prob like 5 or 6" long. i tried a shad type one and not so good. also the clack and raps were good also. they didnt seem to fussy on the colors there but the perch one was doing good and the silver with black top.