Sunday Silver

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
crabman
Species: salmon

Sunday Silver

Post by crabman »

Randy (Surprise) joined me today for a short day on the lake. Randy doesn't get away from work as often as he would like, so we took advantage of a rare free day. The day started with a dead battery. Back to Vergennes to try and replace the old one. No luck, so we plucked Randy's battery off of the Surprise, plopped it into the Crabman and headed back to the landing. A sunny, breezy/choppy day, but still the lake was jammed with boats. For a while we spent more time jostling for trolling position than fishing. I would tell you where the masses were, but it might only add more boats and we only picked up two fish in the opening hour. We bugged out of the mosh pit and found a nice late afternoon bite. This big silver came with nobody around toward the end of the day. 24" 6 1/4 lbs. We had several fish in the new area and for the most part they were taking light or white blended lures. (I will put some photos up tomorrow) Everything came with lures about 5 feet down and 50 back.

I will admit to a little messing around with the background in this photo, but the fish is real and untouched. I plan on touching the old bugger tomorrow night for dinner.

The only thing missing here is the Stinger (06) that caught the fish in the photo. It has disappeared from my boat.
Last edited by crabman on Mon May 07, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Re: Sunday Silver

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Nicely done.....the afternoon bite was good for us also. My dad drove in from Florida jumped on the boat and the first rod he picked up was a chunky brown!!!!!
Todd
Todd
crabman
Species: salmon

Post by crabman »

Todd,
What ever happened to the good old days when you couldn't get a brown in the boat for love nor money. I think you have passed the curse to me. Oh well, I still have my memories.
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

thx for admitting photo play, thought burlington was looking a little built up... nice salmon!
MarknFish (Mark)
Species: All

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

Dang, that's a beautiful silver! Good to see you got Randy out even though the snow is gone.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Excellent fish, super report, and an awesome job on the photo.
I gotta learn that!
Good to hear you got Randy out of work for a pleasant trip!
Nicely done fellas!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Thorny

Post by Thorny »

Way to go guys! Nice fish!
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com