MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT PAINTING A SPOON

Lure modification. From taping and painting to manufacturing your own fishing lures.
Targa V18
Species: lake trout/Salmon

Re: MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT PAINTING A SPOON

Post by Targa V18 »

flyguy wrote:I'm impressed. What are you using for a cup gun or airbrush?
Thanks. I'm using a Neo by Iwata.
Targa V18

Post by Targa V18 »

[imgImage][/img]

This morning I painted up a "Eager Easton" named after my grandson. My favorite so far.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

I too started airbrushing this last July. You are doing great! I like some of your patterns, it's fun testing them to see what works even if they don't catch a lot of fish. Just because a pattern does work one day, doesn't mean it couldn't be the "hot lure" the next day so don't give up on something just because it didn't work "that day". Try and copy other lure manufactures patterns to see how close you can copy them, it will help you come up with techniques that will help you do your own. Try them on different spoon types too, you be amazed what that will do.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

jimbow wrote:I too started airbrushing this last July. You are doing great! I like some of your patterns, it's fun testing them to see what works even if they don't catch a lot of fish. Just because a pattern does work one day, doesn't mean it couldn't be the "hot lure" the next day so don't give up on something just because it didn't work "that day". Try and copy other lure manufactures patterns to see how close you can copy them, it will help you come up with techniques that will help you do your own. Try them on different spoon types too, you be amazed what that will do.
jim he is going to do one or two for me. my plain krocs.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Targa V18 wrote:[imgImage][/img]

This morning I painted up a "Eager Easton" named after my grandson. My favorite so far.

Nice! Some purple on that spoon and it will be a winner on dark, overcast days. Late June there was a day you had to run that combo to buy a bite. Looking great and I am offering up my services to be a pro staff tester :D
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

fishy1 wrote:
jimbow wrote:I too started airbrushing this last July. You are doing great! I like some of your patterns, it's fun testing them to see what works even if they don't catch a lot of fish. Just because a pattern does work one day, doesn't mean it couldn't be the "hot lure" the next day so don't give up on something just because it didn't work "that day". Try and copy other lure manufactures patterns to see how close you can copy them, it will help you come up with techniques that will help you do your own. Try them on different spoon types too, you be amazed what that will do.
Matt, you don't need some fancy painted kroc.... you already catch to many fish :lol:
Targa V18

Post by Targa V18 »

Thanks to all of you for the nice comments. Looking forward to doing some more. Thanks for the suggestion's on the color variation's. Oh and offers to test them lol.
Targa V18

Post by Targa V18 »

[imgImage][/img]

I just painted up "Corbin Blue" which is named after Corbin, one of our grandsons.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Hairbone wrote:
fishy1 wrote:
Matt, you don't need some fancy painted kroc.... you already catch to many fish :lol:
harry he is going to do a 1/2 ounce kroc for me with the pink and yellow dots that i lost so i can catch more fish. l :lol:
Targa V18

Post by Targa V18 »

[imgImage][/img

Painted up this one tonight and named it "POPI" after my Dad who passed away on 2/19/2015.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

i like it jimmer and i know your dad would have. i never got to see his collection of fishing lures and wished i would have now. for some reason i never got to go up and see his collection which he was so proud of. i told you about the fun we had chasing down old lures in warrensburgh he would always try to beat me to the good ones. :lol:
Targa V18

Post by Targa V18 »

fishy1 wrote:i like it jimmer and i know your dad would have. i never got to see his collection of fishing lures and wished i would have now. for some reason i never got to go up and see his collection which he was so proud of. i told you about the fun we had chasing down old lures in warrensburgh he would always try to beat me to the good ones. :lol:
Thanks Matty. Yeah his collection was incredible. He certainly had a small fortune tied up in his collection. I wish I would have taken some pic's of them. I always thought it was interesting how he loved to collect them but hardly ever really fished. He had thousands of antique lures.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

are they all gone now i assume. i have some whitehall spinners that were deadly on walleyes still with them clipped to the package and i showed your dad one out in warrensburg and his jaw dropped and he said ill give you $20 bucks for it then he goes on to say ill never forget this i would give you more but mine at home the packaging is much cleaner and in better shape and has no signs of wear. :lol:
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fishy1 wrote:are they all gone now i assume. i have some whitehall spinners that were deadly on walleyes still with them clipped to the package and i showed your dad one out in warrensburg and his jaw dropped and he said ill give you $20 bucks for it then he goes on to say ill never forget this i would give you more but mine at home the packaging is much cleaner and in better shape and has no signs of wear. :lol:
i still have all of my old lures not many but the important ones to me.
Targa V18

Post by Targa V18 »

fishy1 wrote:are they all gone now i assume. i have some whitehall spinners that were deadly on walleyes still with them clipped to the package and i showed your dad one out in warrensburg and his jaw dropped and he said ill give you $20 bucks for it then he goes on to say ill never forget this i would give you more but mine at home the packaging is much cleaner and in better shape and has no signs of wear. :lol:
Yeah they are all gone. He left the collection to my sister who really had no use for it so she sold them. Of course she got no where near what they were worth but I think that's understandable. He loved those Tuthil Bugs and JT Buells. I 'm sure the spelling of both are wrong!!!!