2016 Feb. 12th seminar summery

Share info on fishing Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

2016 Feb. 12th seminar summery

Post by digitroll (ron) »

After 7 years and 20 plus events this one was tops with some of the most captivating speakers on a variety of interesting topics for all us! Thanks Bill Lowell "Pointer" for all of the background work asking these folks to donate time and effort to speak at these seminars run by Dean! Dean has done an awesome job for the third year running these events for everyone! There was 75 in attendance last night at the Robert Miller Center and it was fantastic from start to finish!

Tonights speakers a huge thank you:

Brian Chipman, VTFW Fisheries Biologist, Lake Champlain
Len Gerardi, VTFW Fisheries Biologist, NE Kingdom
Dana Joyal & Bob Currier, VTFW Game Wardens
Tom Manley, Visiting Professor Geology Dept, Middlebury College, R/V DAVID FOLGER, Multi Beam Technology and Lake currents

Also thanks to the many vendor tables at this event! Including a first time appearance from Off Shore Tackle! Fish Hawk / Winter originals / Slide Diver / Ray Marine / Boat Headquarters / Invisa Swivel. Thanks to Gerry and Andre for running video cameras catching the speakers for us to show at a later date here on United for those who missed this great event!

See everyone in one month at the March 12 Saturday event from 2-6 pm.!

Ed the Hook video winning the April Fish Doctor charter:

Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: 2016 Feb. 12th seminar summery

Post by Reelax »

Ron I agree it was the best session yet! Thanks to Bill, Dean, and Thorney for working so hard to set it up. That Phantom 20 was sure sweet out front. It is a great hearty all weather fishin machine... Lots of interest in these all welded hull boats these days... They are a great value.

Fish on!
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Anyone else that took photos please attach to this thread. My photo coverage was limited due to running 2 vendor tables this year. Did anyone snap a photo of the 20 ft Phantom from Boat Headquarters out front? Sounds like a great frostbite boat Matt and thanks to Boat Headquarters for sending it for viewing at our seminar!

Thanks!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

thanks for the pics and what looked like a great seminar. had a committment at home and couldnt make it but penciled in the march seminar. harry you will have to fill me in.
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Great job to all involved! Nice to see some old friends there last night also great job. :)
KEN K.
Phantom (griz)
Species: all

Post by Phantom (griz) »

Dean and crew did another great job on everything. I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into making this event happen. Thanks to all the guest speakers for taking the time to present some interesting information on topics that effect the fish we enjoy to seek out. Thanks Kevin for bringing down the Phantom 20 and getting my hope's up for another boat. ( informed not going to happen ). Griz
Last edited by Phantom (griz) on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

I am sorry to have missed this one.

Thanks to Dean, Bill, Ron and everyone for keeping this mid winter event running. A real Stellar presentation of topics in the perfect venue. Looks like a lot of new folks in the crowd and by the looks of the loot on the prize tables everyone I bet went home with some Bling
:D

Randy
Fish On!
Committed (DA)
Species: Cold water

Post by Committed (DA) »

Great event fellas, thanks to all who put it on and for the great goodies. Looking forward to the next one.

Fish on

DA
When I grow up I want to be,
One of those harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
"I'll live and die a fisherman"
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

Sorry I couldnt make it guys. Work got in the way! Sherry reported back that it was a great time.
Black Ghost (Ken)
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

Another one in the books. I'd like to thank all the wonderful guest speakers for their presentations, the donors, and all those who attended this terrific event. A special thanks to our Canadian friends, Andre and Gerry for their ongoing support and assistance and to Griz, Committed (DA) and George for their much appreciated help in the setup. Also, Dean, Ron & Rob.... thanks guys. If I missed anyone, I apologize.
See you in March
Bill
"POINTER"
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

Once again, the seminar was even better than the last, which I didn't think was possible. Truly a Lake Champlain "United" effort to improve it's waters for future generations. Thanks to all the folks that put this event together. Amazing job!!! Looking forward to March 12th.
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Dean,
Fantastic job. Do not stop.
Michael
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Opps Bill and Rob,
My bad!!! :(
Michael
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Another great seminars in the books. What an amazing gathering of great people and guest speakers.
André and I took some videos of the presentations. They are big files, we need some time to extract them and see how we can display them on the forum.
Here's some pictures for you all to enjoy.
Last edited by Gecha (Gerry) on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)