CRAZY BROWN TROUT ACTION!!!

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
MADSIERRA
Species: if it swims

CRAZY BROWN TROUT ACTION!!!

Post by MADSIERRA »

Headed over to Lake O for the weekend before my charters start on the Hudson. Fished out of Oswego...and we are sure glad we did! saturday from 530 am to 12 pm we boated over 60 fish! to many doubles, triples to count, and sumtimes as many as 6 on @ 1 time! went in to help a friend get his camp ready for the season and back out @ 430 till dark...did another 25 fish. Sunday started out the same way fished 530 to 1030 and ended up with just shy of 40 fish boated! The action is CRAZY GOOD...almost seems like work @ times your so busy...LOL! Our bigest Brown was 11lbs with a handfull of 7-10lbrs. most others are 3-5 lbs. got a few lakers up to 8 lb and 3 kings up to 10lbs. Some guys were targeting kings in the 50-70 feet of h2o and doing well with some guys getting as many as 9 with some up to 24 lbs. We fished mostly in front of Alcan and to the bouy's by the plant in 6-12 feet of h2o. green spoons on the riggers 5' down 45' back and sticks of the boards run 120-150 back in blue & silver, black & silver, perch, and rainbow. If you can get out there to fish...GO NOW..its hot and will only get better!!
browntown
Species: Ones with fins

Re: CRAZY BROWN TROUT ACTION!!!

Post by browntown »

Man O Man I think that this is starting to make me sick with jealousy. Please keep the updates coming even though it may be painful to look at when I'm working.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Eric,

That is about as good as a report can get. Makes it hard to come back to champlain and fish all day for a 4 lb salmon and cycle thru a number of cookies. Awesome report!

Good luck on the Hudson to you and Flashpoint. Great memories there for me and Oswego.
MADSIERRA
Species: if it swims

Post by MADSIERRA »

You are right Ron!...in 20 years of fishing out there it is 1 of my best weekends if not the best. Hope the bite is just as good for you when you head for the Bar!
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Post by jusfishin »

The Big Pond is fishing as very good......sounds like an unbelievable day.....good luck with the chartering on the Hudson.....
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

madsierra wrote:You are right Ron!...in 20 years of fishing out there it is 1 of my best weekends if not the best. Hope the bite is just as good for you when you head for the Bar!

Eric,

Were pretty jacked up for the Bar in a few weeks. 50 weeks of waiting it's almost here.