Big O

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Big O

Post by jusfishin »

Departing at 3 am. Two of our guys arrived today at 1 pm.....4 hrs on the water......alot of fish.....they stopped counting.....natural live target and clown rapala were the moneymakers for today.....fish were poded(is that a word) tight, if you found one, the chinese fire drill was on.....they kept 4 3 lbers for the smoker, and released the rest....a couple were pigs.....alot of spring king reports, none for them today, but the word is there are a few around, not that we will land one on a 10.5 ft noodle rod, but we will give it hell trying...will try to update via the iphone or I will have reelax or fathead post our updates......c u on the pond if your out there.....
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Big O

Post by Reelax »

Looking forward to the pics Scott! You guys always hammer them out there. Drive safe.
MADSIERRA
Species: if it swims

Post by MADSIERRA »

Good luck out there....I am heading out this afternoon for Oswego 4 the next 3 days...hope to have a good report when we return.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice start Scott! Great to have daily reports! The big O is an awesome fishery!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks Justfishin.
Looking forward to your reports.
I'll be staying at Fair Heaven Beach State Park starting next Friday for a week of fishing.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
jusgrinnin
Species: warm&cold

Post by jusgrinnin »

Will be going out of Rochester Mon on a charter (first time ) for me and the Mrs.
BARRY
KJ Louise

Post by KJ Louise »

jusgrinnin wrote:Will be going out of Rochester Mon on a charter (first time ) for me and the Mrs.
BARRY
Next time you charter you need to head out with Pat on Redline charters out of Mexico! Talk about an awesome experience. Learn from the very best! He took us out back in 03 and again in 04 for kings! I believe he's on this forum as well! Thanks Pat for the great time! Good luck Jusgrinnin!
FATHEAD
Species: salmon

Post by FATHEAD »

Update from Fair Haven. Talked to Scott and the first day they fished it was a bit bumpy but the browns were on fire they hammered them ending the day on a triple with all three weighing over 10 pounds. Second day the lake laided down and the color went away so fishing was slow but they did manage some browns. Third day they got into some nice spring kings along with the browns. He said they had about 10 kings on and could only land 3 due to the 10ft noodle rods they use for browns. Here are some pictures he sent me

Dukdog

Post by Dukdog »

Those are some corkin browns!!
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

the guys our having an awesome trip this year,Scott says he's never seen it this good out there. todays message was pounded the kings outside then moved in to skinny water and put a hurting on the browns. the lake is really rolling. he was to come home wednesday but called home and said Sunday and if the king bite was still on who knows...lol, keep um coming guys, good luck the rest of the trip..