3/24 TR

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

3/24 TR

Post by TUnamas »

Fished the Sea Ark with Chris again on Saturday. After last weekend, this one started cold and windy, more like Frost Bite! Fishing was good. Started the activities with a nice 30"+ pike caught on a 6 weight fly rod from the ramp while waiting for my ride to arrive. It hit a polar hair Kinky Minnow, blue over white. Once on the water we set up off Unicorn and worked down to Diamond fishing 10-65 feet. The graph showed tons of bait and ciscoes between 55 and 70, but we couldn't get any silvers to go on the deep program that worked last week. Ciscoe love the pin minnow! Made a move and joined some friends in the shallower water. Couldn't get the cop car or speedy shiners to go, but CI Gangrenes toplined worked magic. First fish rolled on the lure only 10 feet from the stern. The rest of the morning it was all we wanted and we left them biting. Singles, doubles, good times. A few bent hooks but no other equipment lost or damaged, unlike my Frost Bite brethren! Left the fleet to chase pike on fly early afternoon. A few hits, and I lost a good one that made the morning's fish look small while trying to steer it around the boat. Too much mass for the 6 wt to manage comfortably. That's one I'll be thinking about for awhile. Sea Bill, Instigator, Fish Dawg, thanks for letting us briefly crash your party.
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Re: 3/24 TR

Post by Ludo »

First time I fished the Memphre-Magog, the guy with me caught a lot of salmon with a Pin Minnow. After that, I have bought 6-7 and they are still new, used without any bites...

I'm happy to know there is a specie that love this lure in this lake :)
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Re: 3/24 TR

Post by fishhuntadventure »

Thanks for the report! Good food for thought on the lures and congrats on the day.

RE: Pins Minnow... don't have one but I have a few "perfect looking" Live Targets that haven't worked for me, either. And a honeybee others swear by that I can't catch even a laker on!! :-O But I have forced myself to run one of each every time out and actually got several fish on it a couple of trips ago. I have used the LT enough now to learn at least one thing: it doesn't seem to work near spoons, but when run without a cheater or anything nearby it will produce. Time will yield the knowledge.

I have to thank plantstone for inspiring me to try stuff outside my "go-to" spoons after watching him run a big fat jointed deep diving alewife-looking crankbait thing out of my boat and getting heavy, savage hits on it :)
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!