50 salmon aboard the Seabill in rough water

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
FATHEAD
Species: salmon

50 salmon aboard the Seabill in rough water

Post by FATHEAD »

Set sail in the dark with Bill Braided. Notice how i spelled his last name. Braided runs 50lb braided line and i have never seen anyone get in more tangles and snags than Mr.Braided so thats what i call him. Anyways we set up in rough water with planers fishing shallow water. Dont put any riggers down as they spook the fish in shallow water. We spent the next 4 hours reeling and reeling salmon after salmon. They moved out a little deeper after 10am but still we kept on them. We had some interesting highlights thru out the day as we were fighting a triple the planer board line got under the lead core rod and lifted it out of its holder and sent it to the bottom. Bill broke the tip of one of his heartlands trying to untangle a braided line mess. I also had a couple things go wrong as i was unhooking a salmon the end of my crappie pole that i like to use for salmon busted in half. Then as we fished a little deeper water with the riggers i couldnt get mine to go so i kept changing and changing lures till finally it pops i was so excited i went for rod and tripped right into the back fish finder and broke it right off the mount priceless. We laughed our ass off a few times and had tears a few times. We ad many doubles,triples and 2 quads. An unbelievable day on Lake Champlain and one i will never forget. We went 50 for 65 all salmon. We had 10 fish over 20 inches most were clones the biggest we had was a 23 inch fatty weighing in at 5.6 pounds. Speedy shiners ruled the day. Rainbow challenger the t3 version did well early and caught the larger fish. Others that worked were sausage gravy milkshake,fat ivan,tangerine stinger,pink panties. Thank You Mr. Braided for the day of a lifetime and one i will never forget. Oh and by the way my side of the boat caught 35 of the 50. Just had to throw that in to piss Braided off lol.

These fish have been there all week and i have picked away at some of them but with clear conditions and sun its tough. But when you get a good north wind they come alive in a big way. Nice fishing along Instigator and Fishdawg we had a blast. FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: 50 salmon aboard the Seabill in rough water

Post by raz »

That just had to be fun to watch...sounds like a heck of a day.
Reading that report reminded me of these two...
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Ludo
Species: Salmon, salmon and trout

Post by Ludo »

I eared on radio that someone have caught 23 fishes early in the morning, now I know who was talking :-)
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Jeremy,
You found the fish (as Deano says, Your like a beagle on a rabbit). Thanks for the info and tips. We were a bit skeptical about fishing in that rough stuff, but once we got there and got used to it, it wasnt so bad. Was glad to test the new boat in that (it's much smaller than the DAWG IV) and it did well so I wont be so skeptical next time. It's good to see that you guys can have so much fun when your destroying equipment :D :D . Dean had his newest rod knocked out of the holder by the planer board line. I looked up to see the rod missing, but it never released from the planer release and Dean was able to pull it back aboard the boat by the line (bad luck actually turned into good luck). Enjoyed fishing next to you guys!!!! FISH ON!!!!
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

No doubt a report with all that going on could only be you two !

Great read and now I have to get up off the floor :D
Fish On!
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Post by jusfishin »

Nice report guys.......If by chance I croak soon, I am hoping to come back as a mason......seems to be the only profession you can fish everyday....LOL......great job......keep after em....!
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

Who needs luck...when your good it shows! :mrgreen:
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

excuse me! pardon me! sir?! excuse me! can I have your autograph?
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

BTW: LOL
FATHEAD wrote:...i have never seen anyone get in more tangles and snags than Mr.Braided...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

the guy I had with me could provide some competition.
to be fair though there was only one tangle yesterday and it was a quick fix.
after three years he has markedly improved to the point where we haven't had any disasters. this year. yet.
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

Holy cow!
What a great day.

Ken
Black Ghost (Ken)
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Very informative post Jeremy! How do you tangle braid? :D It's the crystal clear calm water days that makes it a challenge. Good wave action is important.

I remember Capt. Ernie of Fish Doctor charters loved fishing in 2-4 foot waves along the shore for monster Browns in Lake O with planer boards. The bigger the waves the better.
instigator
Species: salmon walleye perch

Post by instigator »

how do you decide who drives the clown car home, I tried to catch the lead core line but no luck, the guy fishing with me was with me when I caught Reeldeals rod, the only 2 things bad to happen to us was I caught a seagull
on the rainbow speedy and I couldnt find the base to my plainer pole, its right were I left it I just gotta find were.
it was fun out there chances were if one rigger fired the other was right behind it, we had numerous doubles and
2 triples, fish were all over, thanks jeremy and mr braid for info and the laughs,, good to see dean and fishdawg
also as they were having a blast,, we headed out early befor the rain, and we were 24-32 1- 4lb the biggest not
very often we have days like that,,,,Reggie
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Very Nice! As always you two are very entertaining!
Todd
Todd
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

sounds like fun Jeremy, awesome day on the pond.....
Kingfisher
Species: YES

Post by Kingfisher »

Wow....what a day...congrats!