first report of 2012 outer Malettes Bay

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
dragnballs
Species: if it swims, Iwill fish for it

first report of 2012 outer Malettes Bay

Post by dragnballs »

As is tradition hit the water for the first time this year on the Morning Glory,my buddy's Bert's boat.Talked to Thorny in transit and he said that it was a bit windy at his house,we decided to try the mouth of the Lamoille for some browns with a shallow program with no takers.Headed to Roberson's Point and started to see fish deep,switched to riggers and a black and purple mini diver.
First fish came on a speedy shiner in army truck down 50 and back 6 feet a 6 pound laker,second hit the diver with a black/purple and red belly F-9 Rapala 60 feet out, another laker 5pound with a fresh snake bite on it! thee third and final fish came on a Crazy Ivan purple alewife down 55 and back 8,silver in the boat!!!!!! a 4 pounder. all went back into the lake today. Speed was slow1.8 to 2.0 mph on the gps temp was 42 to 43 and we never made it to the cut in the fill. next week it will be the shake down for the Dragnballs,tomorrow out with Thorny in my home water,yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! if I can quote Reggie
I would recommend that you try the outer bay as I saw more fish there than I have in years!!!!!
Kevin
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Re: first report of 2012 outer Malettes Bay

Post by fishhuntadventure »

congrats and thanks for the good report.
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

thanks Kevin,,,,keep at em
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

dragnballs wrote: I would recommend that you try the outer bay as I saw more fish there than I have in years!!!!!
Are you crazy telling everybody about where you were and what you saw ???
Or are you just a great sportsman that appreciates helpng others and sometimes being helped by others?

I think it's great that you contribute to the popularity of LC and support the efforts of the VT Fish and Game by "spreading the wealth around". Someday fishermen will understand that when only a few are successful, the work of VTF&G is blunted. That's right ... politics will serve the "horrible waste of money" people who see only a select few enjoying the fruits of the stocking program while eveyone is paying for it.

Don't fall for that nonsense that pretty soon all the fish will be gone. Sure, a popular spot becomes difficult to fish and to catch fish. But the presence of bait and the abscence of boat traffic for a couple of days and everything will be back to normal.

But that's just my opinion. /Jim
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Great detailed report Kevin! Good to see you on the water again.
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Kevin, Nice report! It's nice to see that you're seeing plentiful fish and catching some as well on the Outer Bay. The last year or so it hasnt seemed to produce many trout and salmon (like in years past) although the alewives seemed to be plentiful. Good to hear that you're getting out and the Dragonballs will launch soon!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Great report Kevin...good luck today up north!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Post by jusfishin »

Nice report, the slimers were there all winter......glad to hear the bait is still there.........hope the silvers show up........
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

Nice to stretch out your sea legs eh Kevin?...Fish on.
instigator
Species: salmon walleye perch

Post by instigator »

down deep in the bay over by niquets bay this time of year we did good on browns, hopefully they are making a come back, ( excellent yeehaa ) Reggie
Hawkeye
Species: salmon

Post by Hawkeye »

Kevin

It was good to hear the positive report on the Outer Bay. It has been a wasteland for me for the last few years. I figured the high lamprey population from Malletts Creek had done the fish in. I will have to go exploring out there again.
Bob
lazycs

Post by lazycs »

nice to get a report from the bay Kevin, the bay has been tough to put fish on in recent years, maybe things are looking up, thanks for sharing.
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

That's great to hear! I fished there a few times last year and had little luck maybe I shopuld put in more time in the bay.
LiL Pup (Rob)

Post by LiL Pup (Rob) »

nice report how did you guys do on sunday i tried it up there on saturday with no luck i think i'm going to try it again on satruday
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Nice read. Enjoy the early spring and keep us posted.