Converse 3/23

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
northernnightmare
Species: the finned variety

Converse 3/23

Post by northernnightmare »

After a unsuccessful trip to the inland sea last friday I decided to hit converse yesterday. I had planned on getting an early start but after running out of caps on a roofing job I had to go finish it up. My buddy and i got down to to the ramp at 11:00 and off we went. It was beautiful conditions and very relaxing after roofing all week. I set up my normal spread of 2 riggers and 2 slide divers running some honeybees, hot items and jointed rapalas. I setup from 15' to 35' down. After a hour or so of no takers we got our first fish, a 4lb laker just north of garden island. I heard Supercab on the radio talking to somebody about getting lakers deep so I set everything down from 75'-140'. We generally stayed between garden island and the ferry crossing and in 4 hours went 6 for 9 on lakers. I did break off one fish that was big, never got a look and broke my 12lb leader like it was nothing. We got fish on just about everything. Fun day on the water wish we could of got some silver. Marked tons of fish all over the screen.
-NN
OKRA II Not just a Veggie!!
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Re: Converse 3/23

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

I lost one a couple of weeks ago that broke the leader after stripping of about 10 yds of line.

Glad you had a good day. Thanks for the report.

Ken
Black Ghost (Ken)
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Converse 3/23

Post by raz »

Good to hear reports of broken lines...
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry