Frostbite Shootout Wrap Up

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Frostbite Shootout Wrap Up

Post by Surprise »

Well after a sleepless nite again like every year with wind howling around my house Peter and Al show up with my truck and boat loaded.

Off we go to Launch and drop the boat but she wont run her ...Dam'n Dam'n but best on the trailer and not on the water cause I know you guys despite the call for help there ain't nobody coming for us until after 1:00 Pm ;) Oh well life happens... trailer back to Waltham and make some coffee and omelets listen to the chatter on the radio. At 9:00 call the dealer and they say bring her in. Up we go and they determine the fuel pump is cooked .... Oh well at least we were not in the air like a Helocopter. Story to be continued. Well, we were going to go on line and say Oh it's next week gang....ha :lol:

Another Great Year of the Best People and Salmon Fishermen gathering together to Celebrate Our Mutual Love of Sport and share this and food with each other. No disappointment by food or friendship as seen in the following pictures. Al & I dressed for the new changing of Salmon Frostbite Climate Change Fishing with Hawaiian Shirts.
We had three official weigh ins a late and a no presenter and as always there is only one winner of the trophy....as follows:

2015 Salmon Shootout Winner Bruce Key Burlington, Vermont 24 3/4" 5lb 8oz. no fin clip and released it live
Randy Austin 23 3/4" 4lb 4oz. RV/clip
Don Marcelino 21 1/2" 3lb 6oz. LV/clip

Late Presenter. Brent Perkins 22 1/2" 3 lb 15oz.

A Father and Daughters wanted to weigh in a live release but did not present for weigh in.

I want to Thank Point Bay Marina for again Providing us Home Port and Everyone for their help and participation as that is what it is all about. We are truly on the cusp of a World Class fishery in our own back yard. The returns to trapping stations and catches of multiple species of cold water fish just shows what's to come. Get out and celebrate it and most of all enjoy it and build lifetime friendships because it is OURS to own.

See you on the Pond as the season Progresses....Tight Lines, Fish On!

More photos from Sue Winter to follow...

Last edited by Surprise on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish On!
digitroll (ron)

Re: Frostbite Shootout Wrap Up

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Randy and all in attendance:

Fantastic weather and sea conditions for this 7th annual event! It just keeps on getting better every year like a well oiled machine Randy has it down perfect to pull this off. Sorry to hear about the fuel pump failure Randy.

Huge congratulations to Bruce Key and his team with a beautiful winning salmon and also releasing this fine specimen back to the lake to grow to 8 lbs. plus for next years derby! These guys fish very hard with there big Starcraft Offshore 22 ft glass cuddy boat and are great fishermen. It will be nice to see Bruce's name to be inscribed on that beautiful trophy! Slide Diver / Slide Diver / Slide Diver!!!!!!!!!

The food was fantastic and lots of visiting with the fleet which is the best part of the tail gate party after weigh in. Thanks Todd again for towing in a disabled boat from Snake Den to Westport. Thanks to Point Bay Marina for hosting this event. The open docks and place to BBQ make it the perfect venue! Thanks to our Quebec visitors to help make this event a regional event and others that drive from out of state to participate. Thanks to Don Marcellino and Mike Demars who have fished with me for 7 straight shoot-outs. Congratulations Randy and Jeremy for there big runner-up entry!

I can't wait for next years event Randy. Just too much fun!
Committed (DA)
Species: Cold water

Post by Committed (DA) »

Thanks Randy for organizing a great event. We had a blast fishing this year, easy seas, active fish, and good folks. Thanks for making it all happen! Your the man!!

Nothing but slimmer stories from my boat and the big one that got released...twice...to swim away...

Had friends come up in a rebuilt crestliner to fish, the tournament the last too years. Last years wind had em fishing with water in the boat, this year they don't have a live well, and call me after the fact that they just landed an over five pound salmon and sent it back. After dropping the phone in shock, I tell em, that's a potentially winning fish and they should have kept it, it was only after we hooked up for a lure exchange that they told me the first time they released it, it was belly up on the surface, so the circled back, renetted it, revived it, and released it AGAIN!! Ohh well, a nice fish is still swimming.
We had a blast and its such a great opportunity to share the world class fishery we have.

See you all on the pond this season!!

Fish on

DA
Phantom (griz)
Species: all

Post by Phantom (griz) »

Thank you Randy for all you do for us.Thanks to all the guy's who prepared food it was delicious. Grateful weather and turn out.
FATHEAD
Species: salmon

Post by FATHEAD »

Thanks Randy for another great event. Thanks to Point Bay for letting us have our bbq there. Thanks to all who participated and congrats to my partner Heijac for his nice runner up salmon. Fish On!!!!!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great day on the lake..... The fishing picked up and we missed the BBQ, but thankfully we had more than enough food and drink to last us till almost dark... Fish on!
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

Awesome day. Regretfully unable to make it due to not getting new boat complete...next year.

Thank you for the report and photos!
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

FATHEAD wrote:Thanks Randy for another great event. Thanks to Point Bay for letting us have our bbq there. Thanks to all who participated and congrats to my partner Heijac for his nice runner up salmon. Fish On!!!!!
way to go!
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Thanks Randy, what a great day!
Surprise

Post by Surprise »

A flight of photos courtesy SUE WINTER For copies or prints Contact Sue Winter thru Ron Digitroll here

Thanks Sue
Last edited by Surprise on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish On!
Surprise

Post by Surprise »

By the way Jim or whoever made the Jalapeno Macaroni and Cheese my wife Kathy would like your recipe :D
Fish On!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

thanks randy and to all that fished the shootout on a great day. my ist shootout and hopefully wont be my last. met some great fisherman at the barbecue and the food was great. going to bring my son on board next year to. my ist time at point bay marina and a big thanks to them for allowing the docking and barbecue there.
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Invited Fishy1 to ride along last summer for the frostbite and we had a blast. We started strong and should have stayed on our game plan as when we got back to our original plan late in the am we had a great hit that we lost. Will be back next year trying to bring the trophy for a visit across the pond.

Thanks to all who put this together and it was nice talking with new faces. The mac & cheese and pumpkin cheese cake were unbelievable!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Hairbone wrote:Invited Fishy1 to ride along last summer for the frostbite and we had a blast. We started strong and should have stayed on our game plan as when we got back to our original plan late in the am we had a great hit that we lost. Will be back next year trying to bring the trophy for a visit across the pond.

Thanks to all who put this together and it was nice talking with new faces. The mac & cheese and pumpkin cheese cake were unbelievable!
thanks harry for inviting me i had a great time and hated to even quit fishing. a real nice boat and great guy. it was good meeting c-hawk and others also. just a great day on the big pond.
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

I din't get much time to spend at the BBQ as I was headed to Boston for a lacrosse tournament, but WELL DONE!! Randy, Fish On! You have pulled off another superb event. Maybe next year you can give hawaiian shirts out as a consolation prize to the 2d place fish. Todd, I didn't hear about the tow, but wouldn't have expected anything less from you. Classy. Dean, I must admit your chili is even better when we don't have to eat it from the bed of your truck. Admiral, always good to see you. All, KUDOS. It was good to meet some new friends and to see everyone there. The food was incredible, the fishing was solid, the weather was superb. This fleet's the best! See you soon on the water, but we have already renewed our crew for next year's Shootout.