Fishing reports

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Fishing reports

Post by mudchuck »

I'm curious why these report forums appear to be bias towards trolling LC for salmoid species. Is there a reason why no one really wants to post reports about shoreline fishing, panfish and inland bays etc...?
Personally, I'd really like to see blogs about panfishing and non-game species fish, and shoreline fishing and small boat/canoe/kayak fishing.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Fishing reports

Post by raz »

All posts from all types of fishing are welcome.
Hopefully we'll see more of what your asking for as the soft water season comes alive.

Please...post away!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Wellsley (Frank)

Post by Wellsley (Frank) »

There was some in the hardwater thread.
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

I've hit a dry streak lately with some tribs for steel....pretty bummed. I tried for pike in the islands the other day, no luck...ice fishing ended very early for me because of a lack of a ride. You have to understand most of the people on this forum are boat owners who love trolling. Winooski is blown right now, I didn't hit it after I caught those 3 steel that day, so I'm waiting for it to drop...maybe have some reports mid-week or by this weekend. I'm trying to expand my horizons by targeting as many species as I can on a fly, but won't be giving up my spinning rod.

Another thing you have to think about is sharing locations of where people are catching fish. I'll be honest with you, I noticed a GIGANTIC increase in numbers at the Hole this Fall and even Winter. Not that I'm saying it's directly related to me, and not that I think it's a bad thing at all, but there are people out there that love keeping the "good" spots secret, and it can't be helped, since some places are just too small to fish with more than a few people. Whereas on the Lake, people love to say, "got x in x location, at x depth, using x bait etc etc..."
Don't worry though, I plan on fishing as much as I can this summer, including carp, gar, pike...hopefully some more steel before they head back to the Lake!

In any case, how about you Rick? How was your ice fishing season, and have you been out lately fishing from shore with any luck? Haven't heard from you much, send me a PM and let's catch up!
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

1] I thought he *WAS* blaming you for not posting lately !!! ;)
2] And you should probably take credit for the increased interest in the Winooski as that is probably due to you!
3] Love reading your stuff. Always awesome, always good. Always welcome.
4] Sounds like you need to win something in LCI or some other deal and get your self a salmoneye-sized boat so you can add to the ma-lay too :D
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

fishhuntadventure wrote:1] I thought he *WAS* blaming you for not posting lately !!! ;)
2] And you should probably take credit for the increased interest in the Winooski as that is probably due to you!
3] Love reading your stuff. Always awesome, always good. Always welcome.
4] Sounds like you need to win something in LCI or some other deal and get your self a salmoneye-sized boat so you can add to the ma-lay too :D
Thanks for the positive feedback, always nice to hear someone enjoys my posts! Working on getting a boat...but a car comes first! (Or so I'm supposed to say...)
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

Maybe in the Bass thread?