2012 MAIDEN VOYAGE FOR FISHDAWG V

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

2012 MAIDEN VOYAGE FOR FISHDAWG V

Post by Fishdawg »

Launched out of Converse with Dean (Homewrecker) just at daylight. Fathead and Seabill were hitting the water at the same time. We both cruised over towards Split Rock to set up in calm waters!!! Found some fish into Whalon Bay near Gull rock. Had several salmon on that we lost at the back of the boat before we finally boated one on a slide diver running close to the boat with a fed ex mooselook. Orange colored spoons seem to be what they were most interested in. Things got real foggy in Whalon Bay and there were a lot of boats plying those waters. We opted to get out of the bay and the fog and followed the shore from Split Rock to unicorn. Missed another fish down that way, before heading back into Waylon as the fog lifted. Things seemed to have slowed up there by that time. We eventually crossed the abyss back to Thompsons and Dean landed a nice 5lb laker near Gardener Isle before we picked up around 3pm. What beautiful weather for fishing in March. The surface temps hung close to 35 degrees in most of the waters we fished and we heard that some folks found lots of fish in the shallows. 9 trailers in the lot at Converse when we took out. A good shake down cruise for the Fishdawg. Ended up boating only 1 laker and 1 salmon, but lost 4 or 5 fish at or near the back of the boat.
MarknFish (Mark)
Species: All

Re: 2012 MAIDEN VOYAGE FOR FISHDAWG V

Post by MarknFish (Mark) »

Fishdawg - I'll agree it was a beautiful day to be on the water. Spent a few hours at Converse myself to get the cobwebs out. No fish but sure did enjoy the day and the company.
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

Ah yes a true show of force by the fleetand the fish were scared,the fog rolled in and mayhem ensued. the fish were there it was a matter of finding them without finding other anglers in the fog. as the fog thinned so did the fleet. And as we are pulling out of the lot reflrcting on a fine bit of St.Patrick's Day fishing, who calls but the one and only King Cranium(Fathead) and says oh man where are you we found them and we are picking up doubles every pass! Thanks old pal. So may your nets be heavy and your heart be light, and may good luck follow you day and night! TNTO, Deano
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

I always look for your team post! So down to business and yet lighthearted B'gore.
Fish On!
pierre
Species: salmon

Post by pierre »

I was there also, in the thick fog. One guy keeping his eyes in front to look out for other boats. As for the fish, well 4 salmon no lakers, all caught on the planer board on the same ligne; 3 lead core 75' out and a blue and silver stick bait. They were all caught in Whalon Bay, eventually it became a nice day without the fog.

Pierre
Pier waves spoons
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Good to hear your shake-down went well Steve.
I heard thru the grape-vine that you got your new lettering! Got pics?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry