shelburne

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
pete
Species: salmon.steelhead,laketrout,bro

shelburne

Post by pete »

Started out planning to fish out of converse but the south west wind was whipping, so we decided to see what shelburne bay looked like. Launched around 9ish. There was a mud line but it was in shallow water so we dicided to work deeper water. Talked with fathead and homewrecker. Fishing was slow no takers untill noon. Landed a laker 22 down off the rigger copper hi-tec with brown/orange/white tamiron tape, then a salmon off the same lure and depth. Copper with orange/black/white and orange brown white was our best colors. Also got salmon on sliding cheaters with riggers 18-25 down. One salmon 3 colors of lead copper #2 needle fish with pink stripe on the edge. Ran long lines with no luck! Lots of fun. Fished till 4pm ended the day with 5 salmon one laker and one lost fish. Speeds 1.5-2.0 water temp 36ish 38 in mud line.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: shelburne

Post by Reelax »

Nice report Pete, glad to hear you got out... Have you named the boat yet?
Kamel
Species: Those With Fins

Post by Kamel »

Good to hear from you Pete.

Reggie and I heard you on the radio too!

Glad you got into them!
Image Image The Canned One Image
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Any size to your fish?
Nice report.
Fish On!
FATHEAD
Species: salmon

Post by FATHEAD »

Nice talking to you Pete we had a fair day with 4 salmon in the boat and homewreaker lost 2 silvers we also caught 3 lakers. Copper/orange hi tech green glow alewife Homewreakers fed up was hot for a bit on the silvers. All salmon were small 15-17 inches.Lakers were 3-6 lbs. 2.4 mph at lure riggers down 20 mini diver back 117 and 3 colors leadcore.
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Alright. Thanks for the report
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

pete wrote:...22 down off the rigger copper hi-tec with brown/orange/white tamiron tape, then a salmon off the same lure and depth. Copper with orange/black/white and orange brown white was our best colors. Also got salmon on sliding cheaters with riggers 18-25 down. One salmon 3 colors of lead copper #2 needle fish with pink stripe on the edge. Ran long lines with no luck! Lots of fun. Fished till 4pm ended the day with 5 salmon one laker and one lost fish. Speeds 1.5-2.0 water temp 36ish 38 in mud line.
FATHEAD wrote:.....Copper/orange hi tech...2.4 mph at lure riggers down 2...colors leadcore.
Good info guys. That gives some ballpark info to wrap the mind around and I appreciate that.

Mark (intheoffice)
pete
Species: salmon.steelhead,laketrout,bro

Post by pete »

Matt the name fish snatcher has been brought up. What do you think? Were would you get Letters and how would i take the old name off. My fiance says it is bad luck to change a boats name. Time is also a issue I need to restring my poles, tape new lures and fish on my one day a week off. My head hurts already.!!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

pete wrote:Matt the name fish snatcher has been brought up. What do you think? Were would you get Letters and how would i take the old name off. My fiance says it is bad luck to change a boats name. Time is also a issue I need to restring my poles, tape new lures and fish on my one day a week off. My head hurts already.!!

Maybe I will have to put a #II on my boat.. let me know if you want to keep reelax. I think the letters will scrape off fine.. Some goo-gone or acetone will help if needed.

Fish Snatcher sounds good, but letters will be $$, long name. I got the letters for your boat in Cabela's and my current boat's letters off the web. (current letters cost $58, but they are 8" high.)
Matt B
Hawkeye
Species: salmon

Post by Hawkeye »

A little heat from a hair dryer can help getting them to lift up to scrape off.
Kamel
Species: Those With Fins

Post by Kamel »

Reelax wrote:
pete wrote:Matt the name fish snatcher has been brought up. What do you think? Were would you get Letters and how would i take the old name off. My fiance says it is bad luck to change a boats name. Time is also a issue I need to restring my poles, tape new lures and fish on my one day a week off. My head hurts already.!!

Maybe I will have to put a #II on my boat.. let me know if you want to keep reelax. I think the letters will scrape off fine.. Some goo-gone or acetone will help if needed.

Fish Snatcher sounds good, but letters will be $$, long name. I got the letters for your boat in Cabela's and my current boat's letters off the web. (current letters cost $58, but they are 8" high.)
I got a quote for "Kamel" for my boat with 7" letters utilizing two colors for $78 installed.
Image Image The Canned One Image
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

pete wrote:...Were would you get Letters and how would i take the old name off. ...
Well, your fiance might be wrong about changing a boat's name. However, YOU might be wrong to not listen to her LOL

I would suggest Kevin - info@thevinylanswer.com - for boat letters. homewrecker has a local source as well. But I personally think $58 is probably inexpensive.
Last edited by fishhuntadventure on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

fishhuntadventure wrote:
homewrecker has a local source as well. But I personally think $58 is probably inexpensive.
Joanie at Vital Signs...she does tons of boats and is a fisher-woman. Her shop is in Mallets Bay. 862-4605
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

I agree with Raz. Joanie's the best
Bill
"POINTER"
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Joanie at VitalSigns just did the lettering on my boat this past week. She not only did a great job on the name but she also custom cut the letters and numbers for my VT registration which came out awesome as well. You cant go wrong having her custome design your lettering. I also understand that she has the custom/tradition written down for changing the name on a boat.