Henderson 9/2-9/3

Share info and fishing reports from Lake Ontario.
Dirtyhooker
Species: all

Henderson 9/2-9/3

Post by Dirtyhooker »

To start great new forum guys. I had a couple of friends from hunting camp on board for fri.Fished the Trench. Had a tough day the fish were there we just had a difficult time getting them on board we had 18 releases but only managed to land 3 Kings.Friday night my father arrived so sat I had dad and my friend Nick on board. We ended the day with 7 Kings 17#-24# along with one 8#skippy. Tough day on tackle though as I lost 2 flashers 3 Flies and even broke 1 downrigger rod :o Sun it was just dad and I on board AT 7 am a front blew through that was a hair raisng experience for dad and I as we were dealing with 2-3 footers when this squall hit that had 30-40mph winds and hail . Luckly it only lasted for 5 mins. We pulled everything and decided to call it a weekend. White with green touches for dodgers with white flies early and late. During midday chrome and green seemed to be our better colors.It was great to be able to get my 74year old father out there to catch his first Lake Ontario King trolling.Here are a few pictures from the weekend.
So many Lures So little Time
Shaye D Winds

Re: Henderson 9/2-9/3

Post by Shaye D Winds »

Excellent report. It looks like you had a good time. I hear everyone out there is experiencing the short strikes. Thanks for the report on colors and tacckle that worked it will be a help for me as I head out tommorrow. Great pictures.

Don
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Cool Scott! Did you see Jeff235 in his 24 ft Whaler out there? He was fishing Wednesday-Saturday.

Pill boxes / trench / whaleys: Good memories from the 80's. Very protected water for the most part.

Great report and it sounded like a very consistent August this year and beyond!
Flashpoint
Species: trout/salmon/stripers

Post by Flashpoint »

I know the feeling Icedawg! We boated close to 40 kings along with a hand full of Coho's & browns over a two week period. But I had close to triple the amount of hits! Many ...many hit & runs on the dipsies! One fish took out over 800 ft when the wire had a kink in it & stopped dead!....well you know the rest...dipsie...flasher & fly gone! I lost 3 dipsies, & 6 flasher/fly combo's over the two weeks! Lots of traffic on Oswego on weekends didn't help...but what do you do! ...STILL HAD AN AWESOME TIME!!
Flashpoint
Species: trout/salmon/stripers

Post by Flashpoint »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:Cool Scott! Did you see Jeff235 in his 24 ft Whaler out there? He was fishing Wednesday-Saturday.

Pill boxes / trench / whaleys: Good memories from the 80's. Very protected water for the most part.

Great report and it sounded like a very consistent August this year and beyond!
:D :D Wish we could spend more time out there Ron!
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Scott, Nice Report!
jeff235
Species: any

Post by jeff235 »

Hi Scott, as Ron mentioned I was fishing the trench when you were there also. That squall was something the way it came up and luckily it blew through quick. We did well the entire week but also dropped a number of fish, just couldn't hang on to 'em. You gotta love the way those fish pull!
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

Awesome fish.
rondog
Species: all

Post by rondog »

Scott
Tell Dad it looks like he's afraid to touch the fish :D
raz