Species: all

temp

Post by Tracker »

Has anyone tried the new fish hawk td?
Kevin
digitroll (ron)

Re: temp

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Tremendous unit! Great for riggers when you need a temp. profile every 5 feet or testing your dipsy and where it runs with temp. at it's deepest setting. 5 year lithium battery and totally sealed. Best thing since sliced bread.

The X-4 probe ain't too shabby either. :shock:
Tracker
Species: all

Post by Tracker »

Thanks for the info, I may try one.
Sleepswithdafishes
Species: coldwater

Post by Sleepswithdafishes »

Tracker, Ron is correct this tool works great!!! I have one and like most things there is some trial and error but once you get it set it really helps understand the water column!!! Get one !! Sleeps
Vtfishinglady
Species: Bass, Northern, Salmon

Post by Vtfishinglady »

Guys, any more info? Think I'm going to pick one up. Would appreciate any pointers on the setup details (if they aren't documented in the instructions which I'll read).
I can tell you it just drives me crazy that we don't know what depth the ideal temperature is, and more importantly how deep our dipsy divers are actually running. Since we're spending so many hours on the boat trying to find these elusive salmon, it seems a good investment.

Terri
Reel Delight (Walt)
Species: Trout, Salmon, & other

Post by Reel Delight (Walt) »

Yes I own the Fish Hawk TD and it is simple to use. There is no real set-up procedure to follow. The instructions included are easy and explain it all. Basically you push the reset button and lower it away with your downrigger.

I had a previous post on another thread here.. follow this link & check it out: http://www.lakechamplainunited.com/foru ... 6&start=15
Retired & ready to fish!
Arima Sea Ranger "Reel Delight"
Past President of the Lake George Fishing Alliance
member of the US Power Squadron and USN Vet.
Formerly AKA "Fishing Eagle"
Vtfishinglady
Species: Bass, Northern, Salmon

Post by Vtfishinglady »

fishing eagle (Walt) wrote:Yes I own the Fish Hawk TD and it is simple to use. There is no real set-up procedure to follow. The instructions included are easy and explain it all. Basically you push the reset button and lower it away with your downrigger.

I had a previous post on another thread here.. follow this link & check it out: http://www.lakechamplainunited.com/foru ... 6&start=15
Thanks Walt. I'll be checking a dipsy diver so wondered if there was any kind of adjustment for the buoyancy or drag of the device.

Terri