Frostbite Shootout Announcement

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Re: Frostbite Shootout Announcement

Post by Fishdawg »

Thanks Randy! The weather was a bit tough, but still a fine turn out and some nice fish caught. It was great to get out and great too see some of the old regulars, but also many new folks! A fun derby. FISH ON!
FishStalker
Species: Anything

Post by FishStalker »

First off, thank you too Ron, Randy, and all the other folks who put this event together. I'm sorry i was unable to give my report until now. I had to beat feat back to the boat launch after the ceremony, and then head to deer camp in the ADK's. Anyways, now I'm back in civilization. Ill start off by saying this was my first year doing this event, and its probably going to be my last. Ive heard the buzz about the Shootout, and how much fun it is (and it was). A couple months ago I read into the list of rules and decided what the heck, Ill give it a try. I always love a little "fun competition", which its looking like that's not the case for some people. I figured fish or no fish i was at least going to have some alligator chowder and say hi to a few familiar faces. Call me a true FROSTBITER or not, it doesn't hurt my feelings. I couldn't feel my fingers and toes just like everyone else that day. I got pounded by waves all day just like the rest of you. I played by the rules put in place. Ill make my report short and simple.

Did i fish Lake Champlain, YES
Did i fish up or in a river, NO
Did i catch fish from my boat, YES
Did i catch fish standing in the lake, YES
Did i catch fish trolling, YES
Did i catch fish casting, YES
Did i catch the winning fish casting, YES
Did i fish all day & freeze my A$$ off like the rest of you, ABSOLUTELY
Am i going to announce to the world my exact location, NO (It's nice to have the place to yourself)
The lures that caught fish that day...hammered copper junior wobbler, silver/blue dartee, mepps brass spinner.
ImageImageImageImage
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks Randy for another exceptional event.
We all miss your presence and hope to see you and read your frostbite reports and your amazing lunches diversities soon.
Thanks Ron for taking over the presentation and for the great pictures you posted.
Thanks also to everyone somehow related with the setting of the event.

It is always a great pleasure to see all the camaraderie and smiling faces during those fishing gatherings. Many old faces and a bunch of new ones too.
As usual, the food was SO GOOD.... Thanks to all the cooks for the delicious plates you shares with us.

Not a lot of fish at the weigh in.... congratulations to the official winner.
I think all participants are winners, just for showing up. I don't participate for the trophy, I do it for the joy of meting all the fishing friends I bonded with over the years on that magnificent lake, catching some nice fish is a bonus.

Crossing over after the BBQ to the NY side was a still rough, then we trolled calmly back to Westport but no hits.
Bernard (Nanish0 and I were happy.... it had been a rough day on the water, got over half a dozen biters in the boat, had a great lunch and met great true friends.... these are great memories for many years to come.

Now that frostbite season is officially started, be extra safe on the water and keep your posting (and pics) coming.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

The last 4 argumentative posts were deleted due to them being so negative.

Should this topic be "locked" to prevent further posts? If anyone has an opinion, I'm open to it.
Personally I think it's ready to be "locked", data analyzed, and proper steps taken by the shoot out committee (is there one?) to determine what is the step is, if any.

Thoughts from anyone?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Phantom (griz)
Species: all

Post by Phantom (griz) »

Great idea Gerry. It's over and onward we go.
dragnballs
Species: if it swims, Iwill fish for it

Post by dragnballs »

Yup I agree Gerry!
Kevin
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

The best fishing is yet to come! Time to move on.

Thanks Raz!

Lets go fishing!
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

Post by fishingmachine »

the guy played by the rules and won,fair and square. If the majority wants the rules changed for next time,so be it.'Nuff said on this years event.
Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Post by Salmoneye »

Sure no one wants to take a few years off like I have?
There was a young man from Nantucket...
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Post by Cas »

Time for everyone to calm down...

In the words of Sergeant Hulka:
________
Mike
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!