Alaska trip

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Re: Alaska trip

Post by drachma »

Matt,

I hope this comes through of the biggest King I got while I was guiding. It was a 55# on the Lower Kenai.
Before I stopped guiding, I told potential clients to switch their thoughts on wanting Kings because of the closing either mid season or just before the season began and think instead of the 2nd week of August to fish for Sockeye and Coho. This has been going on since before 2015 and the AK F&G still don't have a handle on why it's really happening.

By now you are a master at the "Kenai Flip" I'm sure. Isn't fun to know Sockeye literally run a rod's length away from the toe of your boots?

Alaskans look down their noses at Pinks because they have so many other opportunity fish to eat, but I still think Pinks taste good too and are easy to catch on even number years which is when they run the Kenai.

Michael

Michael
55# King
55# King
!!!Michael-55#king.jpg (72.99 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Amazing Pic Mike! Can’t wait to get back up there…

We are looking at renting a camper for a month and driving all over the state next time. Now that I am retired, there is time!!

Fish on!
Matt B
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

I'm a little late to the party, but damn that looks like a good time. Awesome fish! It's some solid inspiration to head north next summer.