Ugh!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TUnamas

Ugh!

Post by TUnamas »

Sometimes we are the windshield and sometimes we are the bug. Yesterday we were the bug. It was deceptively windy at the Converse launch at 6 am. Tree tops were blowing, but in the lot it wasn't bad. We launched just to stick our nose out and it was UGLY (and the forecast was building winds starting at 11 am) Boquet Delta was out as the run home would be too bad. We turned south and worked Converse Bay, lots of bait and fish on the graph. Worked past Thompson's Pt, headed towards Kingsland and it was 2-3 foot on our bow. Not fun. The wind laid down briefly, and then started kicking with a shift to the west. We turned tail, and fished Converse for several passes and 2 salmon looking for a brown trout in the warmer water. Several whites and yellows too. The temp break was at 80 feet and our salmon came at 60. They say that any day on the water is great one, and I don't disagree, but yesterday was pretty brutal. I still feel it in my surgically repaired back. It doesn't happen if you aren't playing the game, but stay safe out there! (PS. Jalapeno poppers, cheddar sausage and rib-eye, so we didn't leave hungry!) Sorry, no pics! Thanks to a great crew who stuck it out.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Ugh!

Post by Reelax »

Thanks a million Scott for posting the story. I’ll
Count it as frostbite scouting trip #1. What bothers me most was the gobs if fishoook fleas on any lines or terminations smaller than 30b diameter. Oct 8…….. it
Would be great to see them gone by now!

Time to hit the deer woods now that it’s cold, my back could use a break after that troll also!!

Fish on!
Attachments
IMG_6312.jpeg
IMG_6312.jpeg (189.3 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
IMG_3861.jpeg
IMG_3861.jpeg (239.29 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
IMG_6317.jpeg
IMG_6317.jpeg (202.33 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
IMG_6320.jpeg
IMG_6320.jpeg (125.08 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
Matt B
TUnamas

Re: Ugh!

Post by TUnamas »

It's always been my rule to let the Captain tell the story. However, you are usually so prompt with reports, and the conditions were so harsh, I thought you'd let this one go. Thus, I provided a report but I didn't identify boat or crew. Please tell T the poppers were awesome (even the one with seeds that you got!!) Next time, we'll dial it in!