Fish Hawk II

striper192001
Species: salmon

Fish Hawk II

Post by striper192001 »

Placed my order for the X4 this am direct from Fish Hawk. Couple questions......

I ordered the breakaway double snap swivel but was there a lanyard or something longer that is used ?
Can you use the vertical flashers above the probe ?

Any other suggestions appreciated !

Thanks much,

John
Nysrx01
Species: Trout

Re: Fish Hawk II

Post by Nysrx01 »

Myself I would use the vertical flashers below my probe. One less weak link to keep from losing the probe. I put a brand new set of verticals on once and gently dropped the ball in the water to only lose both ball and verticals. Something was definitely defective in the assembly of the vertical. Ball is alot cheaper than a probe. Now I am gun shy on using my other hammerhead verticals. Balls aren’t cheap either. It was only a 10 lb ball.
striper192001

Post by striper192001 »

Wow..........had never considered a fail there...........thanks for the heads up !
VermontHabitatEric
Species: Salmon

Post by VermontHabitatEric »

You may want to consider a Fish Thief Downrigger Snubber.

You attach your probe on the main cable, snubber than ball. I use 15lbs cannon in BC, on Champlain and Ontario.

The Snubber will give away if ball get snag to save your equipment and probe, and much less bouncing around in high seas.
striper192001

Post by striper192001 »

Thanks Eric.........

That is exactly what I was looking for !

John
rfern77
Species: Bass/lake trout

Post by rfern77 »

Finally reached in my pocket and made the purchase. Went with the X2 instead of the 4. My boat is not a fully decorated fishing boat as it’s used as a fish/ski family boat and I do not get out nearly as much as most of you do. Guess I’m getting lazy as well and don’t want to drill holes for another transducer and take everything apart to tun wires. Hope it works just as well and if anyone’s had any experience with this one please let me know!