Port Henry - 11/29

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 11/29

Post by ChessieMan »

Yesterday I was back to Port Henry with Dave and it wasn't a repeat of last Wed.

We launched under a heavy overcast and mild southeast wind and were lines down off Presbury Point by 8AM - by 9AM we had a beautiful 4# brown, but that was it. And while that was a good way to start, It wasn't like last week and wasn't as good as what was going on with Crazy Ivan - who was just west and north of us and already in double digits - and despite Todd being very generous with info - Dave and I struggled with a slow pick until about 11AM. Then through either persistence, stubbornness or shear dumb luck - we started getting bit.

In the next two hours, we pushed the total past 20, including another heavy brown, a 4# and 2 1/2 # salmon and numerous smaller salmon and 6 or more lakers.

Speed did not seem to be critical- we got bites from 2.4-2.9, no lure was hot nor was depth critical, though the later bites were all 20 feet down over 85 FoW or less - for us, I think Todd may have a different take on this. But, it was another great day to be on the water catching more fish than any trip in the previous two years, enjoying it all with a friend.

Looking at the weather - it'll be a while until the wind stops blowing enough for me.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Port Henry - 11/29

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Looks like you had a great time on the water. Like you said, persevering and luck pays off.
Seeing reports of boats getting so many hits recently is encouraging. The lake is alive.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Oooohhh I want some Brown action!!!!!

Gonna be back on Sunday with a fresh crew and lots
Of high hopes!!!

I don’t wanna start a rumor but I think Crazy Ivan ended up Nord if 38 silvers??

It’s on:)

Thanks for sharing…
Matt B
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Sounds like you guys had a great day on the water. Two browns and a 22' salmon in the mix sounds like a win to me. Between Monday and Tuesday we had 6 salmon 18" (we measured them) and one brown. The other salmon brought to the boat were 15" to 16". Non stop action both days.
Todd
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Talking to the guys about all of this salmon buzz today, it looks like part or more of the Vergennes Mini Fleet will be out there with you guys in Sunday. Possible Vessels being the Country Angler, Paddy Whacker, Noreaster, and Bassmobile (Dilly Worm).

Not sure who's going to be on what boat, as a few of us have fishing buddies (our kids) who may be too busy to come. I know Liam is scheduled to be in the woods chasing deer, Brody is helping a friend move, and the daughters of two of the other boats are on the fence as well. I'll be working on my little three to try to get someone to come out, but, I'm not too optimistic. Ozzy calls it "Sit and watch fishing", as opposed to "Cast and throw fishing" which to him is more exciting.

Regardless, looking forward to hanging out with you guys on the VHF.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

It was a fun day for sure! I had a great outing on Mike Morin's boat with 12 salmon, 1 Brown, and 3 LT. Two salmon were 18" and 19" and a 17" bonus brownie! Rest were 15"-16". Nice job Chessieman and Ivan! Our first trip to Fishville this year! All fish released and measured for the Cooperative diary log program (fin clip data). We did see the kayak guy paddle by us around noon time. Fished 8:30-1:30. Our Big Jon discs were quiet. 2/6.

Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice to read a bunch of posts.
Looks like Fishville will be busy this weekend.
Enjoy it all.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)