Slow slow year

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Goin-Deep
Species: Salmon, brown trout, steelhead

Slow slow year

Post by Goin-Deep »

Launched out of Burlington last Sunday and decided to head across to wilsboro. Set up four riggers with cheaters off the back two. Trolled for quite sometime at the mouth of wilsboro bay before the first rod fired. It was a side rigger down 36 feet with a black and gold spoon kinda like a sausage gravey not sure the exact name of the one I had. Happy to see a silver torpedo come flying up out of the water behind the boat only about 17 18 inch range. After landing that fish had one more small salmon on a side rigger. Overall this year has been a very dismal year with long hours trolled and only landing a few salmon each time and not much size to them. Kinda worried about our fishery never seen such a strange year such as this year. What are everyone’s thoughts where are all the fish? And where are the big fish? It’s been a struggle to find them this year.
Attachments
8AC3AADA-8F70-44D1-B586-E21B5A863933.jpeg
8AC3AADA-8F70-44D1-B586-E21B5A863933.jpeg (204.98 KiB) Viewed 812 times
Papatom
Species: Salmon

Re: Slow slow year

Post by Papatom »

I think most are feeling this way. Lakers are there but the silver bullet has left the chamber for the most part.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Sounds about par for the course this year….

Thanks for the report.
Matt B
Play'n Hookey
Species: Lake Trout Salmon Walleye

Post by Play'n Hookey »

I've fished the northern part of Wilsboro Bay and south of Schuyler Island this several mornings year and have had good luck on lakers but even after trolling almost everything in the tackle box have yet to land a silver last year or this one so far but I'll give it another try tomorrow.
Pcraft237
Species: All

Post by Pcraft237 »

I was picking up salmon between Westport and Split Rock a few weeks ago. Nothing large. In the last couple of weeks none. And lakers mostly all small. Not sure why that is.