looking for opinion's

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

looking for opinion's

Post by cpmaple »

If you had your choice between hydr. beaver trol or kicker what would you use? I have both an the boat is a 23ft alum with a 4.3 v6 and has hydr. trol and 9.9 honda 4stroke kicker. If i use kicker i would have to find the kit to connect honda to main engine which is a mercrusier outdrive. Ive been looking for kits and cant really tell which one i need. Please point me in the right direction.

thanks cpmaple (Chad)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: looking for opinion's

Post by Reelax »

IVe been in boats with both systems. That hydro beaver troll is a special unit and they are not made anymore. It is by far the best solution to trolling with an I/O IHMO…I’ve seen guys pay over $600 for the full system just cause the are great to use and you can’t find em anymore…
But a 10 horse Honda is as efficient as you can get and With today’s gas prices the best choice I would think… IF the beaver troll is already installed it would be a great fall back in high wind conditions when your kicker just can’t keep the boat straight due to the small prop. Ez steer is the brand you wanna find to hook big motor to
Small. Can go on ez steer site find the model you need then use eBay to find it. As new is very $$… I’ve still got some spare ezsteer hardware so if you buy something and it doesn’t quite fit we can probably make it work..

Best of luck Chad. Your propulsion choices seem really promising…

Matt
Matt B
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Re: looking for opinion's

Post by cpmaple »

Reelax wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:18 pm IVe been in boats with both systems. That hydro beaver troll is a special unit and they are not made anymore. It is by far the best solution to trolling with an I/O IHMO…I’ve seen guys pay over $600 for the full system just cause the are great to use and you can’t find em anymore…
But a 10 horse Honda is as efficient as you can get and With today’s gas prices the best choice I would think… IF the beaver troll is already installed it would be a great fall back in high wind conditions when your kicker just can’t keep the boat straight due to the small prop. Ez steer is the brand you wanna find to hook big motor to
Small. Can go on ez steer site find the model you need then use eBay to find it. As new is very $$… I’ve still got some spare ezsteer hardware so if you buy something and it doesn’t quite fit we can probably make it work..

Best of luck Chad. Your propulsion choices seem really promising…

Matt
Thanks Matt for your opinion on what I have an they are both already installed on the boat.