DYP sign up

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

DYP sign up

Post by Greenhorn »

Well, I'm still waiting for the official word, but I can't wait any longer. I am going to open up the sign ups for the DYP. The date is May 21st with a rain date of May 22nd. It would be great if we could field at least 10 teams, so spread the word and let's make this a great DYP! Please sign up by clicking "Home" above: and then clicking on "derbies" and then "Draw Your Partner Derby". You will find the sign up sheet at the bottom of the page. If you have any problems signing up, please post your concerns or send me a PM. I am planning to draw the teams on or around or May 12st.

For those that are not familiar with the DYP, I will explain. DYP stands for Draw Your Partner. You can sign up with or without a boat. The names of those signing up without a boat go in one hat, and the names of those signing up with a boat go in a different hat. One name at a time is drawn from each hat and those two people are paired up as a team. You can launch from anywhere on Lake Champlain in the AM, but you must be at the Converse Bay launch by 2:00 to weigh in your fish. The heaviest salmon wins. In the event of a tie, the longer fish will win. If they both are the same length, the first fish weighed in will be the winning team. The winning team gets a plaque and an engraved name tag will be made and be mounted on the plaque. Each team member will receive a plaque to hold until the next DYP. There will be a barbecue at the Converse Bay launch after the derby. If you plan to stay for the barbecue, please bring something to share with the group.
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Re: DYP sign up

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Thanks Greenhorn. I signed up with a boat, but will be entering as a family team with our 11 year old son Lloyd De Ocampo (brown trout) and wife Lea Camara (Reel Filipina).
FishPole Thinking
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

That’s the heaviest Salmon, Brown Trout or Steelhead all are weighable species.
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Calling all LCU members! I have 7 sign ups so far for the DYP. I would like to draw names at the end of next week, so jump in there and join the fun. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeff (Greenhorn)
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Last call for signups! The DYP is a week from Saturday and I still only have 7 signed up. I will plan to draw names on Sunday evening, May 15th. Join in on the fun and meet some other great fishermen and women as well. Contact me if you have any questions or any feedback about the DYP.
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

OK, so I have eight signed up so far and two of them are family teams (Dilly Worm and AmFishFil Thinking). I also have one member willing to sign up (can go Saturday, but not Sunday), but I don't have a partner for him. Anybody else thinking of signing up? I will be drawing teams in a few hours.

Thanks!

Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

OK, it is official. The DYP drawing is complete. We had a light turn out this year, but there are (5) teams competing for the coveted DYP plaque. Here are the teams:

- Team #1; Dilly Worm (Meddie Perry) is fishing as a family team
- Team #2; AmFishFil Thinking (Kevin Camara) is also fishing as a family team.
- Team #3; Joe Gallese (Laszlo Panaflex) (802) 338-0287 and Matt Bilodeau (Reelax) (802) 233-8318
- Team #4; Paul Muckstadt (Voyager) (802) 488-0209 and Eric Johnson (TruViking) (802) 304-0357
- Team #5; Dean Dennis (Homewrecker) (802) 557-8055 and Jeff Cornish (Greenhorn) (603) 477-7864

Please take a minute and contact your team mate and make plans for next weekend and maybe a prefixing trip if time allows. I will heck on the weather and make a decision on Saturday or Sunday by this coming Wednesday. Best of luck to all of the fishermen! At least one of the 2021 DYP plaque holders will have to give up their trophy! Don't forget about the BBQ after the derby. Weight in is at 2:00pm sharp at the Converse Bay launch. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Greenhorn
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice team combination. Good luck to all.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)