Aerial report - Keeler and Malletts

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
danruss
Species: Pike, Salmon, Bass

Aerial report - Keeler and Malletts

Post by danruss »

Some shots of Keeler and Malletts from the air during this morning's flight lesson. Keeler is coming along nicely and Malletts Creek is doing its thing. Gonna be a bit for Outer and Inner Malletts Bay although the cut was open with a clear brown water line from Winooski river being pushed north. Sorry I didn't get a photo of the causeway, was busy.
IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4263.jpg (110.47 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
IMG_4264.jpg
IMG_4264.jpg (100.97 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
IMG_4266.jpg
IMG_4266.jpg (56.87 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
IMG_4268.jpg
IMG_4268.jpg (98.14 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
dbrooker
Species: salmon, laker, sm, pike

Re: Aerial report - Keeler and Malletts

Post by dbrooker »

Great shots, pretty sure I see a salmon rising in that first photo of Keeler… soon!
Dillon
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Wow great shots!!!!! Keelers seems only days away… hard rain can make a big difference. Only a matter of time now. Yea this will be the 1st spring our friends from the north can fish keeler bay in 2 days years. We may break the record of 24 boats trolling at one time the bay by May!

Should be fun:)
Matt B
goldeneye13
Species: Cold water

Post by goldeneye13 »

:D I m down and ready . Pulled the boat out today and getting it ready by the end of the day tomorrow. It s been a long 2 years.
steve
Species: lakers,salmon,bass,pike,perch

Post by steve »

Ready to go, gear is all dusted off, boat is ready. If the ice is out soon I'll be there Wednesday with my Father.
I guess I won't be sleeping much Tuesday night......
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Always fun to fly in a Cessna.
Thanks for the great pics.
After 2 years of waiting, we are ready to fish South of the Border in April.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

I'd like to meet you guys. I've never known people this long before and not met them. Strange times were living in.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
danruss
Species: Pike, Salmon, Bass

Post by danruss »

Gecha (Gerry) wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:23 am Always fun to fly in a Cessna.
Thanks for the great pics.
After 2 years of waiting, we are ready to fish South of the Border in April.
Glad to have you back!
OmeG3
Species: Walleye

Post by OmeG3 »

I am one of those CDN…pinch me and tell me this is happening!!

Literally 2 years in the making UNBELIEVABLE 😂
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Glad to share the fish with you guys! Just remember they bite from Isle Lamotte all the way to south of the Champlain bridge early in the season…Any shallow bay with deep water near by can hold bait and salmon in the early season. The magical spots we all post about work. But IMHO the BIggest salmon are loaners and can be found chasing bait anywhere that bait is.
Sometime getting away from the pack will produce amazing results. The area in front of mill river in stalbans bay in the early spring can work great and is under used :oops: :oops: shhhh did we give away another damn spot???

If you see Reelax out and have any questions just hail me on ch68. As long as we aren’t in a derby we are always willing to share what is working:)

Good luck to all!

Matt
Matt B
OmeG3
Species: Walleye

Post by OmeG3 »

Thanks Reelax!

Just to add, I caught 21’’Salmon on Richelieu river 20 miles North of Rouse-Point last year in March. I was fishing Walleye on he hit on a 3/8 jig tip with a plastic grub!

I tought this thing was way out of his nest.
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

OmeG3 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:17 pm Thanks Reelax!

Just to add, I caught 21’’Salmon on Richelieu river 20 miles North of Rouse-Point last year in March. I was fishing Walleye on he hit on a 3/8 jig tip with a plastic grub!

I tought this thing was way out of his nest.
Salmon fishing is more llike deer hunting than it is Bass fishing. That is why I love it. Like deer, salmon will go where the food is and travel to find it. They can be anywhere when the water is cold enough to support them. As long as they have 55 deg near buy to gain strength back when needed, they will venture into 70!deg water to eat for short periods… I was shown a 40ft deep spot in august a few years back by Crazy Ivan that held salmon
In August!!!!!!! JUST cause there was bait there, deep water near buy and good water flow flushing the area. I would NOT believe you could hammer salmon in 40fow in august but he proved it to me… amazing stuff right there! You can bet that stop is marked in my sonar for future use. Guys in my boat about it each august and it still produces to this day;)

Hint it’s over 50 miles from
keelers:)

Fish on!
Matt B
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Reelax wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:02 pm Glad to share the fish with you guys! Just remember they bite from Isle Lamotte all the way to south of the Champlain bridge early in the season…Any shallow bay with deep water near by can hold bait and salmon in the early season. The magical spots we all post about work. But IMHO the BIggest salmon are loaners and can be found chasing bait anywhere that bait is.
Sometime getting away from the pack will produce amazing results. The area in front of mill river in stalbans bay in the early spring can work great and is under used :oops: :oops: shhhh did we give away another damn spot???

If you see Reelax out and have any questions just hail me on ch68. As long as we aren’t in a derby we are always willing to share what is working:)

Good luck to all!

Matt
Thanks Matt!
You are the very epitome of what

i this site try's to provide! For what I believe is at its core, for one have benefited greatly and appreciate the advice. Here's to a Great 2022

Ej(TruViking)