New Vessel!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Just Rite (Taycon)
Species: Salmon,lake trout

New Vessel!

Post by Just Rite (Taycon) »

20220219_095210.jpg
20220219_095210.jpg (183.28 KiB) Viewed 1580 times
Picked up my new boat last weekend in NC. It's home in my shop now. Rigging electronics, riggers, etc. So excited to get it on the pond
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Re: New Vessel!

Post by cpmaple »

Nice rig
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Beautiful Grady White.
You will have lots of great time on it.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Oh thats just right!!!!

Congrats!!!! Look forward to rigging updates…
Matt B
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Looks like a great rig.

2 things to consider doing.

Pull the heads on the motor, check out the water passages, make sure you don't have any build up in there. I'm assuming it was a saltwater boat, coming from NC.

Schedule a canvas install now (if it doesn't have it already) for next year's frostbite season. Turns a 5 month boat into a year round boat.

Never heard anything bad about grady whites, and I love my w/a. All the gear just lives on the boat, and we're always warm and dry. You're going to love it.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Just Rite (Taycon)

Detritus wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:37 pm Looks like a great rig.

2 things to consider doing.

Pull the heads on the motor, check out the water passages, make sure you don't have any build up in there. I'm assuming it was a saltwater boat, coming from NC.

Schedule a canvas install now (if it doesn't have it already) for next year's frostbite season. Turns a 5 month boat into a year round boat.

Never heard anything bad about grady whites, and I love my w/a. All the gear just lives on the boat, and we're always warm and dry. You're going to love it.
Heads have been pulled, everything checks out great. It was a salt water boat but spent its life as a valet. So it never sat in the water, was flushed and washed regularly. It has full canvas, it goes in in 2 weeks for a detail and ceramic coat. Already transferred riggers, fish hawk from my old boat. And Installed 2 flush mount 9" simrad. Will be installing auto pilot this week and radar eventually. The boat will be ready
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

Pay particular attention to the drain ports there was a time when they used hardware that couldn’t handle the UV. Inspect from the exterior for stress cracking . The plastic will shatter when stressed at the hose . Replace with hardware made of Marelon a super tough plastic or stainless thru hull hardware.
Just Rite (Taycon)

Wdrnr wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:10 pm Pay particular attention to the drain ports there was a time when they used hardware that couldn’t handle the UV. Inspect from the exterior for stress cracking . The plastic will shatter when stressed at the hose . Replace with hardware made of Marelon a super tough plastic or stainless thru hull hardware.
It's all good. Drains are not plastic. It's a 1999. For It's age It's in incredible condition. There's no cracking whatsoever. I've done a thorough inspection before I bought it. I've had several fishing boats. I know what to look for. Thank you
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

I have the same boat, same year your gonna love it
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Heads have been pulled, everything checks out great. It was a salt water boat but spent its life as a valet. So it never sat in the water, was flushed and washed regularly. It has full canvas, it goes in in 2 weeks for a detail and ceramic coat. Already transferred riggers, fish hawk from my old boat. And Installed 2 flush mount 9" simrad. Will be installing auto pilot this week and radar eventually. The boat will be ready
Sounds like you're all good to go to me.

One last suggestion though..

Skip the detail, beat her up, get her dirty, and get some blood on those decks!

Hope to see you out on the water this year. If you hit the water in the narrows on a weekend, give a shout for the Country Angler on 68.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Heartbeat
Species: Salmon

Post by Heartbeat »

Very nice.
pfu
Species: Cold and warm species

Post by pfu »

Another GW on the lake - awesome. I got my 2000 Gulfstream 232 last July and started doing my maintenance. Found biggest issues was corroded wire connections and started replacing before an issue occurred. Love the stability and deck space.

Congrats and hope to see you out there!