So where to they go after river spawn run?

mudchuck
Species: perch

So where to they go after river spawn run?

Post by mudchuck »

I've never really understood where the eyes go after they've left the rivers and back into Champlain from late spring thru mid-summer.
I've been able to locate them in late summer and do well in several spots, but right now no such luck as they're just not where they'd be after Labor Day.
Curious if anyone can enlighten me on how to pattern them during this time-frame.
Not looking for anyone's hot spots, just general info on what these fish do after spawn until late summer.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can assist me.
mudchuck

Re: So where to they go after river spawn run?

Post by mudchuck »

Nothing, no advice? 46 views and nobody cares to chime in?!
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Nobody has any idea. At least that would be the case with me. I know they are still catching a few at the breakwater cuts (Malletts and Pelots), but other than that I have no idea where to go to find them right now. I'm also not much of a night owl, so I haven't tried to find them after dark.
riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Post by riverrunner »

The walleye community is pretty tight lipped.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

they go back to their normal spots i suppose with lot of structure and forage. i use to troll for them in deeper water in the same spots every summer morning evening and night is the best bite when they come up to feed.
Chazycuda
Species: Salmon, trout

Post by Chazycuda »

We got some eyes couple weeks ago drifting over AU FER reef in 5’ of water just after dusk as well as nice 29” pike and fat smallies before dusk. Be VERY VERY careful in that area it’s very shallow less than 2’ deep and rocky I’m in 24’ Tritoon so I don’t draw much I lifted both trolling and main motor out of the water let the breeze drift over it water was calm was using live bait and 3” straight back rapala , nothing hit the live bait (weird) but everything hammered the rapala.

Good luck
mudchuck

Post by mudchuck »

So where to they go now that the weather is getting cooler and the days are getting shorter???