Saltwater trip interest?

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
TUnamas

Saltwater trip interest?

Post by TUnamas »

Mudchuck got the ball rolling. I've done the trip before with Dean (Home Wrecker). Is there interest in a salty trip? Cod/Haddock et al. NH? Let's get LCU aboard and show 'em how it's done. With enough interest we can book a charter, or we can reserve spaces. I'm in. Others? Bring your coolers!!
mudchuck
Species: perch

Re: Saltwater trip interest?

Post by mudchuck »

Would need at least 6 people to split the bill for a private charter, otherwise I suppose several could coordinate purchasing party boat tixs and go as a group.
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

I can perhaps meet you guys down there.
A lot of the "head boats" carry more than 20 people and are generally lower in price, but, you have to contend with all the other people.
There is a 10 pack boat that will take parties as small as 6 out of Portsmouth, NH As I remember it'd be roughly about $150pp for a trip leaving at 5:00am through 3:00pm

Michael
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

If I can get the date to work, I’d be in for either option. It would be a blast!
Matt B
drachma

Post by drachma »

I mentioned a charter out of Portsmouth NH.
It's called Scout and he has a 10 passenger boat with cabin and head. Phone is 603-483-8681. Owner is Mike.
I've been on it with 6 guys so we each paid $150 pp plus tip. We usually just split up the Haddock and Cod between us all on board because we took the charter as a group.
He usually leaves about 5am and it is an all day trip. Excellent Capt.

Michael
mudchuck

Post by mudchuck »

drachma wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:48 pm I can perhaps meet you guys down there.
A lot of the "head boats" carry more than 20 people and are generally lower in price, but, you have to contend with all the other people.
There is a 10 pack boat that will take parties as small as 6 out of Portsmouth, NH As I remember it'd be roughly about $150pp for a trip leaving at 5:00am through 3:00pm

Michael
Seafari Charters does 10-12 headcount trips, Brian & Fred are great captains, have put us on some really good ground pounding action for years. We go out with corporate sponsors trips with these guys and I highly recommend them. Out of Kittery on Badger Island.
I think the trip is $1,200-$1,500
drachma

Post by drachma »

I'm going out on the Scout charters our of Portsmouth on 8/12/21 with 5 others from down in ME and NH when cod opens up again.
$150pp plus tips for a party of 6 on a boat that can carry 10. We're taking up the whole boat to have more room. As I said, Mike is a a great captain who works hard for you. Departing at 5am for a long steam out to the ledges 15-20 miles offshore.

Michael
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

drachma wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:48 pm I'm going out on the Scout charters our of Portsmouth on 8/12/21 with 5 others from down in ME and NH when cod opens up again.
$150pp plus tips for a party of 6 on a boat that can carry 10. We're taking up the whole boat to have more room. As I said, Mike is a a great captain who works hard for you. Departing at 5am for a long steam out to the ledges 15-20 miles offshore.

Michael

Mike I think we can drum up enough interest to do something like that. I figure we could get at least 5-10 guys to sign up for a trip like that...

Let us know how you make out and maybe re can book a trip on either that setup or Mudchuck’s
Suggested Ride soon...

Fish on!
Matt B
drachma

Post by drachma »

Hi Matt,

Any charter down here fills up early so you'd want to contact them ASAP to set dates up.
Scout has been excellent on the three trips I've been on over the last two years.

Michael
drachma

Post by drachma »

I just went out on Sunday on the Scout with Capt. Mike. We fished 25 nautical miles out. I went with 5 others and brought home 22 pounds of fillets. This charter puts you on fish. It is a 10 passenger boat, but, 6 can charter it for $150pp and you'll have all the room necessary. His number is 603-483-8681

Michael
mudchuck

Post by mudchuck »

I'm going out on a corporate sponsored trip on the 22nd, really glad that cod on open, at least will get 1 to bring home now instead of dropping them back over the transom after all the work done to bring them up without having a shark take a bite out of them...