DYP Drawing Results

Share info on fishing Champlain.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

DYP Drawing Results

Post by Greenhorn »

Well the teams for the 2021 DYP have been drawn. I did video the drawing to have a record of the event and I will share it with anyone who would like to see it. I had a fishing friend, Lance, and my oldest boy, Jeremy, do the drawing while I videoed the event. Neither one of those two know any of the fishermen in the derby (except for me). So, here are the results:

Team #1
Heartbeat (Greg Gearwar) (802) 989-2992
Tiny (Joe Bartlett) (802) 999-9338

Team #2
Homewrecker (Dean Dennis) (802) 557-8055
AnFishfil Thinking (Kevin Camara) (802) 363-9367

Team #3
Ancient Mariner (Karl Hubbard) (802) 324-4130
Crayfish (Shaun Crawford) (802) 735-5620

Team #4
TruViking (Eric Johnson) (802) 304-0357
M&M (Douglas McDonald) (603) 313-6006

Team #5
Kyle Smith (Kyle Smith) (802) 383-8359
Mike8484 (Mike Santos) (303) 653-8268

Team #6
Relax (Matt Bilodeau) (802) 233-8318
Greenhorn (Jeff Cornish) (603) 477-7864

Team #7
Fishdawg (Stephen Moreau) (802) 355-9292
Heijac (Randy Austin) (802) 233-8004

Team #8
Detritus (John McGuire) Fishing as a family team

Team #9
Dilly Worm (Meddie Perry) Fishing as a family team

Let the trash talking and fun begin!! ;) Best of luck to all of the teams. Now let's hope mother nature cooperates.

I did a double check of the entries before I posted these results and I had a last minute entry. Tmcaul, you are entry #17 and I don't have a partner for you at this time. If we can get another sign up before the derby, I can make a 10th team. I will send you a PM.
Ancient Mariner
Species: salmon lake trout walleye

Re: DYP Drawing Results

Post by Ancient Mariner »

Great job Jeff. Thanks for all the work you put in to make this happen. See you on the 22nd
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Great work Jeff. Good luck to all participants.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
tiny

Post by tiny »

Thank you for setting up the derby this year. I had a serious lack of fishing over the last year.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Can't wait! Thanks for putting this together, Greenhorn!
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Thanks for the replies! I had a lot of help from Dean and Raz. They helped make this process much easier! Those of you who show up at Converse Bay after the derby, I will be giving away a door prize. Best of luck to all the teams. Don't forget to contact your partner and make plans to pre-fish or just make plans for May 22nd. I predict it will take a 6 lb salmon or better to win this year.

I had an idea about having a central place to text or call in during the derby to check on the size of the leading fish. That way, a team could release a fish that isn't large enough to win the derby if they would like. What do you LCU members think? Do you prefer to just keep your catch and see if it is big enough or do you like the check in and release idea?
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

I would love to see something like that, Greenhorn! As long as you and Matt don't come on telling everyone you caught a 9lber so everyone else throws their fish back!! :lol:
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

LOL, darn, you saw through my plan!!
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Well, the DYP is less than a week away. I haven't heard much about calling in to check on the size of the leading salmon. I will leave it this way; If you want to throw back the salmon you caught, you can call me at (603) 477-7864 for an update. If I have any information about the size of the leading fish, I will share the size, but not the team that caught it. It seems like a good way to save some salmon for another angler if you aren't planning on taking it home for the grill. Best of luck all!!
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

I had a question about the BBQ after the derby. I am planning to have the BBQ. It is a pot luck type of event, so bring something to share if you would like. The BBQ is a great place to meet all of the fishermen and hash over fishing stories and tactics. Hopefully, the weather cooperates! Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Jeff
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

I also have a BBQ question - are there grills at Converse ? do we need to bring briquets ? bring our own grills ? or just bring the food ?

thanks and looking forward to it !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Post by TruViking »

Thanks a lot for setting this up.
I know it is a "Partners" derby, but I figured I would throw this out there. If the last minute sign up doesn't have a spot, and if allowed I would welcome him on my Boat. I would hate to see someone not be able to compete(This, of course is assuming he is not using his own Boat.)

Thanks again for the work you put into this.

Lastly, about the Cookout. I am unsure If I will be able to stay (50/50 as of now) but nevertheless, I want to contribute. What should I bring???
Greenhorn

Post by Greenhorn »

Thanks for the offer and concern TruViking. The extra was on the edge about entering the derby as he is just getting over foot surgery. There is a possibility that the derby might move to Sunday depending on the weather. If that happens, I have at least one entry that can't do Sunday, so I would have an opening for the extra entry.

Thank you for the offer for the BBQ. If you want to leave something, maybe a dessert like cookies or something like that that doesn't need to be heated up or chilled. I will be giving away a nice salmon print for those who stay for the BBQ. (A little incentive for the cookout!)

Best of luck to all the DYP teams..

Jeff
AmFishFil Thinking
Species: Trout, Salmon, Bass, Pike, Per

Post by AmFishFil Thinking »

Just looking at the weather and Saturday looks to be a little better than Sunday. Both days chance of rain.

Saturday-Cloudy with showers. High 81F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Sunday- Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. High 77F. SW winds shifting to NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
FishPole Thinking
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Details? Converse Ramp or Pt. Bay? Weigh in/BBQ at 1pm? Saturday looks like the better day, at least early.