Oops I did it again! Port Henry

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Oops I did it again! Port Henry

Post by ReelInvestment »

Well I woke up this morning to a driving rain, sat on the couch and read some reports and watched some fishing videos. Looked outside and the rain seemed to be fading away and I got the itch to fish. Called my neighbor and said I’m headed north with the boat can you be ready in half an hour? “I sure can” was the response I got and we were off. This time headed for port Henry. Arrived at 2pm and launched. Headed south to the bay and set up 2 otter boards with leadcore and 2 riggers, long lines set shallow. Saw a couple fish jump towards shore so I moved shallower and had a release. Swing and a miss, kept after it and a small tug on the planer line figured it was a stick, reeled in a small 15” salmon. Gold/red speedy shiner. Awesome! picture and back it went first fish of 2020 open water. Grabbed the grill and loaded it with some hotdogs, and had another hit. No one home again. Wind started to pick up so we started trolling back to the launch and a rigger started thumping. Grabbed it and reeled in a pickerel. Pretty colors on them this time of year.
Much smoother day for me as far as boat troubles and always fun to feel fish on the end of the line. No dock at port Henry yet, but it’s easy to get in and out from the steel walls.
Should be getting good in the bay soon!
-Tom
C53CA7E6-3B67-45D8-AFBB-1E9020ACA28E.jpeg
C53CA7E6-3B67-45D8-AFBB-1E9020ACA28E.jpeg (155.91 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
A09EB65E-D99D-4B25-8847-692D693643AD.jpeg
A09EB65E-D99D-4B25-8847-692D693643AD.jpeg (163.44 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
61680FB4-AD9F-49F3-AE1C-7B1AC9E65399.jpeg
61680FB4-AD9F-49F3-AE1C-7B1AC9E65399.jpeg (202.93 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
Salmoneye
Species: Fish

Re: Oops I did it again! Port Henry

Post by Salmoneye »

Nice...

I like Pickerel lol
There was a young man from Nantucket...
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Excellent! Do you have NY plates? No trouble?
I've been a little reluctant to park my VT plates in NY, with the "stay at home" orders.
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Post by Dead lake »

Last time I new NY and Vermont are in the same country, sure you can park anywhere you want, unless Bernie Sanders is president. :roll: :lol:
ReelInvestment

Post by ReelInvestment »

I had no trouble parking there with VT plates, even had a NY trooper do a loop through the parking lot and waved to us.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

good report on my home waters im still in florida fishing an enjoying the warm weather. keep the reports coming. i dont think the stay at home includes fishing andric. just keep your distance from people.
Ahhspray
Species: Whatever the lake will provide

Post by Ahhspray »

Thanks for the report. Its super helpful to me and my boys to see what early season spreads folks are starting with. Appreciate you taking the time.
Totally rebuilt - 1986 22' Starcraft 220V CC T-top w/ 1986 Evinrude 140hp and 1978 Merc 7.5hp kicker
Heartbeat
Species: Salmon

Post by Heartbeat »

I call the New York State police department early last week about the virus and traveling to NY from Vermont to use the boat access. They said it was no problem.
Nysrx01
Species: Trout

Post by Nysrx01 »

CT fishing guidelines. SOCIAL DISTANCING WHILE FISHING IS A MUST!:
Fishing is a great way to spend time outdoors, reduce stress, and possibly catch a tasty meal. The Fisheries Division along with the CDC, State of CT DPH, and the DEEP strongly encourage social distancing and not fishing with anyone other than people living in the same space.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Heartbeat wrote:I call the New York State police department early last week about the virus and traveling to NY from Vermont to use the boat access. They said it was no problem.
Solid info, thanks. Exactly what I needed!
Apologies if I derailed your report, ReelInvestment! Didn't mean to start a thing.
ReelInvestment

Post by ReelInvestment »

No worries it’s all good info for everyone to see!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great info here, thanks!!! Also appreciate the report and pics... Love the grill!!! Looks like you could feed a huge crew with that baby once the virus is gone... it will be great during derbies...
Matt B