2020 first trip

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Smelt_seeker
Species: Salmon

2020 first trip

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Well Friday I finally finished all the small thingS with the boat. Got the kicker back ( will say vt home and marine did a fantastic job, ran all day not a hiccup! My first time having them work on something)

Got a later start then wanted but we launchd from Apple island and headed north towards keelers, got to mouth of keelers and it was iced over more then i wanted to brake open with a new boat so we headed south worked all over and then shallows of the causeway and not even a hit.
Saw couple boats head towards keelers and not come back so we ran up and the ice had broken up. We work the ledges for while and then around the island still nothing headed out about 2:30. Talked to a couple guy we know and they didn’t have any luck either around keelers or causeway.
Kyle smith
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Re: 2020 first trip

Post by troutcrazy »

Beautiful day for a first outing. New boat? Congrats!
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Nice outing
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

troutcrazy wrote:Beautiful day for a first outing. New boat? Congrats!
Yes upgraded last fall. Spent winter slow rigging and get it up to fishable for trolling.
Attachments
C341249D-EF92-45EF-9B17-05B6C452ADED.jpeg
C341249D-EF92-45EF-9B17-05B6C452ADED.jpeg (239.52 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
Kyle smith
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Beautiful! I can see why you'd be reluctant to break ice!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice ride Kyle, the salmon will come... Your boat would have smashed that ice and not thought 2x of it. I have ridden mine on plane all the way to keelers on skim ice... It is very looooooooud, but didn't hurt a thing! Running otters into ice flows does make for a mess, but if you break up all the ice 1st it works out...

Was there any docks in yet??
Matt B
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

No docks but the water is just up to the concrete dock thing so makes for easy and clean in and out of the boat.

*******That’s reminds me, Warning for all the marina left ropes floating and all over the little harbor part be careful.*****
Kyle smith
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Beautiful boat Kyle. Love the color.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Reelax wrote:Nice ride Kyle, the salmon will come... Your boat would have smashed that ice and not thought 2x of it. I have ridden mine on plane all the way to keelers on skim ice... It is very looooooooud, but didn't hurt a thing! Running otters into ice flows does make for a mess, but if you break up all the ice 1st it works out...

I was thinking the same thing, haha. Don't let shiny paint stop you from doing what that thing was made to do. If you ask me, a boat that has been used, used, used, repaired, and used some more, is also beautiful.

Jack
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Detritus wrote:
Reelax wrote:Nice ride Kyle, the salmon will come... Your boat would have smashed that ice and not thought 2x of it. I have ridden mine on plane all the way to keelers on skim ice... It is very looooooooud, but didn't hurt a thing! Running otters into ice flows does make for a mess, but if you break up all the ice 1st it works out...

I was thinking the same thing, haha. Don't let shiny paint stop you from doing what that thing was made to do. If you ask me, a boat that has been used, used, used, repaired, and used some more, is also beautiful.

Jack

Im sure next year it will be a different thought. Its hard with it still smelling new. Haha
Kyle smith