Making a return in spring of 2020

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Making a return in spring of 2020

Post by cpmaple »

Been off the water for a few years due to selling boat. But just this past week I was blessed with a present from a man I help out with his haying in the summer. Been helping out for the last 5yrs haying all summer long to a gentleman now the rd who is 83yrs young with hay. Had a boat that's been sitting since 2009. 18' Grumman with 4 rigger, main and kicker motor. Came to me sunday as I was getting ready to rack hay and asked if I wanted it I said yes but I was working on the money end for it, told me to hook to it I could have it. Needs a new floor but that minor will be back on the pond in the spring. Need to find a Name for it that reflects this gentleman for what he gaven me.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Making a return in spring of 2020

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

That's a nice gesture from that gentleman. You will cherish that boat for a long time.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

That's a great story! I wish you were closer as I'd love to get my hands dirty with a boat project this winter and helping replace the floor of an old Grumman would be a good start. Name her well!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

What a great story... HayMaker maybe a good name... Looking forward to seeing you on the pond again!!
Matt B
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Thank you all, Reelax that name would fit perfect thanks for the suggestion. This boat does mean a lot already the gentleman is like my gramp he lost his right leg to atv verus motor cycles accident 3 yrs ago crossing th rd infront of his house coming from feeding cows. He has a heart of gold an the will power of a man I never know existed.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Update on cpmaple, Been busy with new job but, the bigger issue is waiting on my boat mechanic to stop by and look at main motor. No spark done alot of testing pointing toward cdi box. Once i get the word i will be ordering it up but hate to waste money if thats not the issue. so till then tight lines and stay safe itching to get out their an do some fishing.
cpmaple

Post by cpmaple »

Well no luck with the boat that was given to me. Owner cant find the reg for it. So i went out and got a different boat. 21ft regency F/F with 200hp mariner on it. Put a 7.5 kicker on and 4 riggers. Now i'm on hold from trolling till i can get a fish finder due to one i have is not reading correct tried everything with it and won't respond right with depth. Hard to trolling not knowing how depth water is. So hoping i can come across one or wait and get a new one in a few weeks till then i wont be trolling. But wishing i was painting up some spoons in the mean time while i wait. Cant wait to be back after the silver and share reports with fellow LCU members.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the update... can always troll know depths blind like the Indians used to....
Matt B