Inland Sea

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Inland Sea

Post by mudchuck »

Finally got the carb/fuel filter/fuel pump replaced on my motor, tuned and good to go. Great to be back on the water!
Went out Friday and did some speed runs - adjusted things in advance of fishing Saturday.
Fished cowbanks to far side of Cedar/Bladder islands, one shaker salmon and several small yellows that had big appetites for spoons...we were pulling them for quite a while not realizing the releases didn't fire because they were some dinks!
Marked lots of bait and lots of fish, tired several go to spoons, switched to stickbaits and back to spoons but no more salmon or bass or anything else for that matter...
Wind whipped up and started getting 2-3 waves, enough for us to say we're growing tired of them in my 14' tinny so we picked up and headed to Kellogg and anchored near the shallow windward side to drown worms and throw cranks for bass until we got bored with that and picked up to head home.
Sunday had prior commitments for early morning so we decided to attempt and evening/dusk/dark walleye run but the wind and rain started so we gave that idea up. Monday a total washout and stayed home.
Back at work now wishin' I wuz fishin'!!!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Inland Sea

Post by Reelax »

Atleast you got to go fishing... thanks for the report mud Chuck!!!!
Matt B
mudchuck

Post by mudchuck »

Night fished all around Cedar, Bladder & Savage, tons of little yellows stacked all over, dragged several with spoons before sunset, then switched to stickbaits and moved in shallow, but nothing home.
wind picked up and hard to see the weedline edge, fished until close to midnight then picked up and made our way back to the launch in 1-2' chop.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Perchbait and I tried an evening cruise in the same area a month ago or so. Nothing. I have a hard time finding walleye on Champlain.
mudchuck

Post by mudchuck »

Crayfish wrote:Perchbait and I tried an evening cruise in the same area a month ago or so. Nothing. I have a hard time finding walleye on Champlain.
Me too!