Traveling up this weekend from PA on NY side

DrCaddis
Species: Salmonids

Traveling up this weekend from PA on NY side

Post by DrCaddis »

Hey crew...traveling up this weekend and a few days in the week. Will be coming out of johnsburg NY. Any suggestions on where to focus would be appreciated. Thanks
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Traveling up this weekend from PA on NY side

Post by Reelax »

The whole lake hold salmon as long as you are fishin over 60+fow... Specific locations are hard to give publicly because everyone listens and each area gets over fished once given out. With that said, I have caught salmon from as far north as the inland sea and as far south as 2 miles north of the champlain bridge in the last 2 weeks.. They are all over... Find 55 deg and set your lines just above that once you find bait and you cant go wrong... 2x last week we got salmon, steelhead and browns all in the same
day, what fun... And by the way, my worries that all the big fish are gone is a joke... (The 7-10lb fish may be very few, but there are many many 4-6lb fish to be had and they fight like freight trains...)

My general suggestion would be the bigger and better bite is more south on the lake, but that changes all the time, so don't listen to me....

Good luck and let us know how you do....

Fish on!
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i agree with matt but coming from johnsburg i would focus on the westport area . water temperature yesterday at 40 feet down was 53 to 57 degrees and was holding fish according to the guys jigging. this will be closer for you . i think we met last year at the launch. go get them.
DrCaddis
Species: Salmonids

Post by DrCaddis »

Thanks guys I fully grasp not giving out secret spots. Fishy 1 yes we met when frostbite was moved to the Sunday. Thanks for the temp info. This really what I needed. See you guys on the water.